Information about Menotrophin
Menotrophin is used in the treatment of female infertility and male hypogonadism.
How menotrophin works
In females, Menotrophin increases the number of growing eggs and stimulates their development. In males, it helps in the maturation of cells which produce male hormone like testosterone.
Common side effects of menotrophin
Headache, Injection site allergic reaction, Injection site pain, Abdominal swelling, Abdominal pain, OHSS (Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome), Abdominal cramp
Available Medicine for Menotrophin
- ₹295 to ₹1745Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹713 to ₹1151Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹985 to ₹1485Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹923 to ₹1188Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1209 to ₹1936Serum Institute Of India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹649 to ₹955Bharat Serums & Vaccines Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹942 to ₹1515Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹751 to ₹1293Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹934 to ₹1485Serum Institute Of India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹675 to ₹1400Sanzyme Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Menotrophin
- If you are having periods, your treatment will start within the first 7 days of your menstrual cycle and will continue for up to 3 weeks.
- You will be monitored for ovarian activity by measuring urinary estrogen at regular intervals, until stimulation occurs.
- Take special care if you had infertility treatment in the past.
- Refrain from sexual intercourse or use barrier contraception methods for at least 4 days and pelvic examinations to be avoided or carried out with care.