Information about Magnesium Valproate
Magnesium valproate uses
How magnesium valproate works
Magnesium Valproate is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of magnesium valproate
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Liver function abnormal, Tremor
Available Medicine for Magnesium Valproate
- ₹42 to ₹128Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹45 to ₹100Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹67D D Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Magnesium Valproate
- Magnesium Valproate should be taken at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- Do not stop using Magnesium Valproate without talking to your doctor, even if you feel better.
- Can cause upset stomach, hair loss, weight gain, sleepiness, and tremor.
- It causes sleepiness or drowsiness. If this happens to you, do not drive or use machinery.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Magnesium Valproate, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Magnesium Valproate
Q. What is magnesium valproate?
Magnesium valproate is the magnesium salt of valproic acid which is used in the treatment of fits.