Information about Magnesium Valproate
Magnesium valproate uses
How magnesium valproate works
Magnesium Valproate is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of magnesium valproate
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Liver function abnormal, Tremor
Available Medicine for Magnesium Valproate
- ₹42 to ₹140Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹109Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹67D D Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Magnesium Valproate
- Magnesium Valproate helps in the treatment and prevention of seizures.
- Take it at the same time every day to maintain consistent levels in your body.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking Magnesium Valproate, as it may cause excessive sleepiness or drowsiness.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not take Magnesium Valproate if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.
Frequently asked questions for Magnesium Valproate
Q. What is magnesium valproate?
Magnesium valproate is the magnesium salt of valproic acid which is used in the treatment of fits.