Information about Magnesium Valproate
Magnesium Valproate Uses
How Magnesium Valproate works
Magnesium Valproate is an antiepileptic medication. It controls seizures or fits by decreasing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of Magnesium Valproate
Headache, Dizziness, Blurred vision, Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Double vision, Diarrhea, Impaired coordination, Tremor, Weakness, Stomach pain, Increased appetite
Expert advice for Magnesium Valproate
- Take your medication regularly as directed by your doctor as missing doses can trigger seizures.
- Do not change the brand of your medicine and make sure that you have sufficient amount of medicine present with you.
- Some healthy tips to prevent seizures:
- Practice yoga every day.
- Get enough sleep at nighttime.
- Limit the use of screen time such as mobile/laptop.
- Take your medication on time.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- Monitor your weight during treatment with this medicine as it can cause weight gain.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Do not stop taking the medication suddenly without talking to your doctor as it may increase the seizure frequency.