Information about Magnesium Valproate
Magnesium valproate uses
How magnesium valproate works
Magnesium valproate controls seizures or fits by suppressing the abnormal and excessive activity of the nerve cells in the brain.
Common side effects of magnesium valproate
Loss of appetite, Nausea, Vomiting, Sleepiness, Hair loss, Weight gain, Liver function abnormal, Tremor
Available Medicine for Magnesium Valproate
- ₹42 to ₹128Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹92Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹67D D Pharmaceuticals1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Magnesium Valproate
- Do not use magnesium valproate in children < 2years of age.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking magnesium valproate as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume alcohol when on treatment with magnesium valproate, as it may worsen its side effects.
- Do not take if allergic to magnesium valproate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with renal disorders, hepatic diseases and cardiac disorders.
- Not priscribed for Children < 2years of age.
- Do not take if Pregnant.
Frequently asked questions for Magnesium Valproate
Q. What is magnesium valproate?
Magnesium valproate is the magnesium salt of valproic acid which is used in the treatment of fits.