Information about Lurasidone
Lurasidone is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Lurasidone works
Lurasidone work by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts.
Common side effects of Lurasidone
Nausea, Vomiting, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth, Indigestion, Parkinsonism, Akathisia (inability to stay still), Anxiety, Stomach discomfort, Restlessness, Upper abdominal pain, Agitation, Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Increased saliva production
Available Medicine for Lurasidone
LuramaxSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹120 to ₹2002 variant(s)
LurasidIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹120 to ₹2982 variant(s)
EmsidonEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹217 to ₹3292 variant(s)
LurakemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹193 to ₹3272 variant(s)
₹160 to ₹2982 variant(s)
AtluraTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹131 to ₹2202 variant(s)
₹193 to ₹3282 variant(s)
LuraceIcon Life Sciences
₹121 to ₹2982 variant(s)
₹176 to ₹3302 variant(s)
₹132 to ₹3032 variant(s)
Expert advice for Lurasidone
- Lurasidone helps treat schizophrenia.
- It has a lower risk of causing weight gain and changes to cholesterol, blood sugar, and heart rhythm as compared to other similar medicines.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Lurasidone can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not consume alcohol while on treatment with this medicine as it may worsen the side effects.
- Inform your doctor if you notice any abnormal or uncontrolled movements.
- Inform your doctor if you develop any unusual changes in mood or behavior, new or worsening depression, or suicidal thoughts or behavior.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Do not stop taking this medicine without talking to your doctor first as it may cause worsening of symptoms.