Information about Loxapine
Loxapine is used in the treatment of schizophrenia.
How Loxapine works
Loxapine is a typical antipsychotic. It works by blocking the action of dopamine, a chemical messenger in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of Loxapine
Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dryness in mouth, Abnormality of voluntary movements, Weight gain, Increased prolactin level in blood, Urinary retention, Constipation, Muscle stiffness, Tremor
Available Medicine for Loxapine
₹46 to ₹742 variant(s)
Loxacalm CMayflower India
₹42 to ₹732 variant(s)
LoxepTripada Biotec Pvt Ltd
₹42 to ₹782 variant(s)
₹40 to ₹912 variant(s)
₹64 to ₹1412 variant(s)
NormapacMankind Pharma Ltd
₹38 to ₹792 variant(s)
Loxapac CPfizer Ltd
LoxarisSunrise Remedies Pvt Ltd
₹36 to ₹692 variant(s)
Expert advice for Loxapine
- Loxapine should be taken with food, preferably at the same time every day.
- Use caution while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as Loxapine can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Immediately inform the doctor if the person taking Loxapine starts to have breathing problems.
- Older people who have memory loss and psychosis have a higher risk of death if they take Loxapine.
- Do not stop taking the medicine without talking to your doctor as it can worsen the condition.