Information about Loteprednol
Loteprednol is used in the treatment of post-operative eye pain and inflammation.
How loteprednol works
Loteprednol is a topical steroid (anti-inflammatory medicine). It works by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the eye that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of loteprednol
Eye discharge, Dry eye, Teary eyes, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Eye redness, Burning sensation around the eyes
Available Medicine for Loteprednol
- ₹125Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹156Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹124Ajanta Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹100Ajanta Pharma Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹96Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹101Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹84Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Optica Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹80Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Loteprednol
- Your doctor has prescribed Loteprednol for the relief of post-operative eye pain and inflammation.
- Do not use Loteprednol for more than the prescribed duration (1 weeks, post-operative) as it may cause glaucoma or secondary infection.
- Notify your doctor if you recently had herpes or chicken pox.
- Take care to prevent contact of eye dispenser with eye, eyelid, eyelashes, or finger to avoid infection.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses after surgery and while using Loteprednol.
Frequently asked questions for Loteprednol
Q. What is Loteprednol/Loteprednol etabonate?
Loteprednol is a corticosteroid available as an eye drop that reduces inflammation of superficial structures of the eye.