Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone
Information about Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone
Losartan + amlodipine + chlorthalidone uses
Losartan+Amlodipine+Chlorthalidone is used in the treatment of high blood pressure.
How losartan + amlodipine + chlorthalidone works
This is a combination of three medicines: Losartan, Amlodipine and Chlorthalidone. Losartan is an angiotensin receptor blocker (ARB) and Amlodipine is a calcium channel blocker (CCB). They work by widening and relaxing the blood vessels, thereby lowering blood pressure. Chlorthalidone is a diuretic which removes extra water and certain electrolytes from the body through urine. Over time it also works by relaxing blood vessels and improving blood flow.
Common side effects of losartan + amlodipine + chlorthalidone
Ankle swelling, Headache, Dizziness, Tiredness, Palpitations, Sleepiness, Increased blood uric acid, Glucose intolerance, Altered taste, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Stomach upset, Altered blood lipids
Available Medicine for Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone
- ₹105 to ₹120Unichem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone
- You have been prescribed Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone for the treatment of high blood pressure.
- Lowering high blood pressure helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.
- It may cause dizziness. Get up slowly when rising from a sitting or lying position.
- Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone may cause dehydration. Drink plenty of fluids and Inform your doctor if you develop extreme thirst, muscle weakness or very dry mouth.
- Losartan + Amlodipine + Chlorthalidone is not safe to use if you're pregnant or breastfeeding.