Lopinavir is used in the treatment of HIV infection
How it works
Lopinavir prevents the multiplication of HIV virus in human cells. Thus stops the HIV virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects
Headache, Vomiting, Weakness, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Diarrhoea
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Tell your doctor if you are suffering from diabetes mellitus, severe liver or kidney impairment, haemophilia (disorder of excessive bleeding due to defective coagulation), heart disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you have high cholesterol or triglyceride levels, or hemophilia or any another bleeding disorder.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to lopinavir or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if taking medications called ergot derivatives.
- Do not ake if suffering from pancreatitis (inflammation of tissue of pancreas)
- Do not take give to children below 2 years of age
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is Lopinavir safe?
Lopinavir is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor.