Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec
Information about Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec
Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec Uses
Liraglutide+Insulin Degludec is used in the treatment of Type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec works
Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Liraglutide and Insulin Degludec. Liraglutide helps your body make more insulin during meals and lowers the amount of sugar produced in your body. Insulin Degludec works like your body's natural insulin. It facilitates reuptake of glucose in muscle and fat cells and also blocks release of glucose from the liver. Together, the two medicines provide consistent, all-day sugar control.
Common side effects of Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec
Headache, Nausea, Diarrhea, Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Sore throat, Respiratory tract infection, Increased lipase in the blood
Expert advice for Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec
- Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec is used along with diet and exercise to lower blood sugar in adults with type 2 diabetes.
- Take it at the same time each day with or without food.
- It is injected under the skin of your thigh, upper arm or stomach. Do not inject into a muscle or vein.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Check the pen label each time to make sure you are using the correct medicine. Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur. Always carry some sugary food with you in case you experience symptoms such as cold sweats, cool pale skin, tremor, and anxious feeling.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery, until you know how Liraglutide + Insulin Degludec affects you.
- Do not drink alcohol or take other medicines that contain alcohol while taking this medicine.
- Do not share your pen with other people, even if the needle has been changed to avoid giving or getting serious infections.