Levosulpiride is used in the treatment of heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diabetic gastroparesis, schizophrenia and depression.
How it works
Levosulpiride works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects
Headache, Fatigue, Sleepiness, Increased production of breast milk
- ₹53 to ₹146Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹180Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹180Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹126Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹53 to ₹190Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹130Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹138Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹50Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹83Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹65Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to levosulpride.
- Before taking the drug consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you have absence if periods, abnormal milk secretion or changes in sexual desire, fever, muscle stiffness.
- The drug can make you dizzy. Be careful when driving vehicles or operating machines.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is levosulpiride safe?
Levosulpiride is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is levosulpiride an antidepressant?
No, it is used in the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, psychosis, dyspepsia
Q. What is levosulpiride?
Levosulpiride belong to class of medication called as atypical antipsychotics. It acts by decreasing the activity of dopamine in the brain
Q. What are its uses?
Levosulpiride is used in the treatment psychosis, depression, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome and dyspepsia
Q. Does levosulpiride cause erectile dysfunction?
No. patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding the possible side effects.