Information about Levosulpiride
Levosulpiride is used in the treatment of heartburn, nausea, vomiting, diabetic gastroparesis, schizophrenia and depression.
How levosulpiride works
Levosulpiride works by modulating the action of certain chemical messengers in the brain that affects thoughts and mood.
Common side effects of levosulpiride
Headache, Fatigue, Sleepiness, Increased production of breast milk
Available Medicine for Levosulpiride
- ₹53 to ₹146Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹143Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹79 to ₹180Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹190Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹126Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹130Saffron Therapeutics Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹60 to ₹138Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹83Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹38Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levosulpiride
- Do not take this drug if you are allergic to levosulpride.
- Before taking the drug consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breast feeding.
- Immediately consult your doctor if you have absence if periods, abnormal milk secretion or changes in sexual desire, fever, muscle stiffness.
- The drug can make you dizzy. Be careful when driving vehicles or operating machines.
Frequently asked questions for Levosulpiride
Q. Is levosulpiride safe?
Levosulpiride is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is levosulpiride an antidepressant?
No, it is used in the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, psychosis, dyspepsia
Q. What is levosulpiride?
Levosulpiride belong to class of medication called as atypical antipsychotics. It acts by decreasing the activity of dopamine in the brain
Q. What are its uses?
Levosulpiride is used in the treatment psychosis, depression, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome and dyspepsia
Q. Does levosulpiride cause erectile dysfunction?
No. patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding the possible side effects.
Q. Can I take Levosulpiride with omeprazole?
Levosulpiride can be safely taken with omeprazole as no harmful effects have been reported clinically. A fixed-dose combination of these two medicines is also available. Levosulpiride works by increasing the gut motility and Omeprazole decreases the acid production in the stomach. So, this combination is very effective in the treatment of reflux esophagitis associated with acidity, heartburn, intestinal and stomach ulcers.