Information about Levosulpiride
Levosulpiride is used in the treatment of indigestion.
How levosulpiride works
Levosulpiride is a atypical antipsychotic. It works by increasing the release of acetylcholine (a chemical messenger). This increases the movement of stomach and intestines, and prevents reflux (acid going up to the food pipe).
Common side effects of levosulpiride
Headache, Fatigue, Sleepiness, Increased prolactin level in blood
Available Medicine for Levosulpiride
- ₹65 to ₹185Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹54 to ₹230Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹94 to ₹197Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹240Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹137Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹73 to ₹152Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹60Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹70 to ₹90Mission Research Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹59 to ₹79Tas Med India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹58 to ₹120Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Levosulpiride
- Take it as per dose and duration suggested by your doctor.
- Levosulpiride may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Consult your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or breastfeeding.
- Consult with your doctor immediately if you have absence if periods, abnormal milk secretion or changes in sexual desire, fever, muscle stiffness.
Frequently asked questions for Levosulpiride
Q. Is levosulpiride safe?
Levosulpiride is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is levosulpiride an antidepressant?
No, it is used in the treatment of gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome, psychosis, dyspepsia
Q. What is levosulpiride?
Levosulpiride belong to class of medication called as atypical antipsychotics. It acts by decreasing the activity of dopamine in the brain
Q. What are its uses?
Levosulpiride is used in the treatment psychosis, depression, gastro-oesophageal reflux disease, irritable bowel syndrome and dyspepsia
Q. Does levosulpiride cause erectile dysfunction?
No. patients should follow advice of the doctor regarding the possible side effects.
Q. Can I take Levosulpiride with omeprazole?
Levosulpiride can be safely taken with omeprazole as no harmful effects have been reported clinically. A fixed-dose combination of these two medicines is also available. Levosulpiride works by increasing the gut motility and Omeprazole decreases the acid production in the stomach. So, this combination is very effective in the treatment of reflux esophagitis associated with acidity, heartburn, intestinal and stomach ulcers.