Information about Ketoprofen
Ketoprofen is used in fever, headache, arthralgia, muscle pain, dental pain, post operative pain, pain during menstruation, osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis and gout.
How ketoprofen works
Ketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of ketoprofen
Abdominal pain, Constipation, Epigastric pain, Diarrhoea, Flatulence, Nausea, Vomiting, Indigestion
Available Medicine for Ketoprofen
- ₹11Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹66Abbott3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketoprofen
- It should be taken with food or milk to avoid getting an upset stomach.
- It can cause serious complications like stomach bleeding and kidney problems if taken for a long time.
- Ketoprofen can raise your risk of blood clots, heart attack, or a stroke.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
Frequently asked questions for Ketoprofen
Q. Is Ketoprofen safe?
Ketoprofen is relatively safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your docto
Q. Is Ketoprofen a blood thinner?
No, Ketoprofen is not a blood thinner
Q. Is Ketoprofen a controlled substance?
No, Ketoprofen is not a controlled substance
Q. Is ketoprofen the same as ibuprofen?
Both ketoprofen and ibuprofen belongs to the same class, i.e non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID), but their effect may vary upon individual condition or response
Q. Can I take ketoprofen with Aspirin (acetylsalicylic acid), Tylenol (acetaminophen), Vicodin (acetaminophen and hydrocodone), hydrocodone, ibuprofen, paracetamol, or tramadol?
Ibuprofen should not be given with ketoprofen. It is not reported to interact with Aspirin, Tylenol, Vicodin, hydrocodone, paracetamol, or tramadol. Please follow the advice of the doctor regarding their simultaneous use
Q. Does ketoprofen contain aspirin, ibuprofen, or ketamine?
No, ketoprofen does not contain aspirin, ibuprofen, or ketamine
Q. Does Ketoprofen cause drowsiness?
Yes, Ketoprofen may cause drowsiness. Please consult your doctor before taking the drug.