Information about Ketoprofen
Ketoprofen is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, gout, muscle pain, low back pain and toothache.
How Ketoprofen works
Ketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAIDs). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of Ketoprofen
Vomiting, Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Ketoprofen
KetoplastZuventus Healthcare Ltd
Infen PlasterEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FastumMenarini India Pvt Ltd
AspifastArk Life Sciences Pvt Ltd
₹240 to ₹3752 variant(s)
KetopatchEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
VofaneNeon Laboratories Ltd
RedufenUnique Life Sciences (P) Ltd
₹7 to ₹172 variant(s)
OstofenTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹14 to ₹653 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketoprofen
- You have been prescribed Ketoprofen to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Ketoprofen.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ketoprofen as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.