Information about Ketoprofen
Ketoprofen is used for pain relief. It relieves pain and inflammation in conditions like rheumatoid arthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, osteoarthritis, gout, muscle pain, low back pain and toothache.
How ketoprofen works
Ketoprofen is a non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drug (NSAID). It works by blocking the release of certain chemical messengers that cause fever, pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of ketoprofen
Vomiting, Nausea, Indigestion, Heartburn
Available Medicine for Ketoprofen
- ₹379Zuventus Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹217Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹110Menarini India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹30Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹240 to ₹375Ark Life Sciences Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹11Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹14 to ₹66Abbott3 variant(s)
- ₹7 to ₹18Unique Life Sciences (P) Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹13 to ₹25PCI Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ketoprofen
- You have been prescribed Ketoprofen to relieve pain and inflammation.
- Take it with food or milk to prevent upset stomach.
- Take it as per the dose and duration prescribed by your doctor. Long term use may lead to serious complications such as stomach bleeding and kidney problems.
- Do not take indigestion remedies (antacids) within two hours of taking Ketoprofen.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking Ketoprofen as it can increase your risk of stomach problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of heart disease or stroke.
- Your doctor may regularly monitor your kidney function, liver function and levels of blood components if you are taking this medicine for long-term treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Ketoprofen
Q. Is Ketoprofen stronger than ibuprofen?
Both Ketoprofen and ibuprofen belong to non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (NSAIDs) class of medicines. They both act by blocking the production of a chemical substance responsible for pain, fever and inflammation (redness and swelling). However, some clinical research studies have shown that Ketoprofen is more effective in relieving moderate to severe pain and improving the overall condition of the patient.