Ivermectin + Albendazole
Information about Ivermectin + Albendazole
Ivermectin + albendazole uses
Ivermectin + Albendazole is used in the treatment of worm infections and parasitic infections.
How ivermectin + albendazole works
This is a combination of two antiparasitic medicines: Ivermectin and Albendazole. Ivermectin works by binding to muscle and nerve cells of worms causing their paralysis and death. Albendazole works by keeping the worms from absorbing sugar (glucose), so that they lose energy and die. This treats your infection effectively.
Common side effects of ivermectin + albendazole
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Loss of appetite, Increased liver enzymes, Itching, Dizziness, Swelling of lymph nodes
Available Medicine for Ivermectin + Albendazole
- ₹23 to ₹30Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹23 to ₹37Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹22Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited1 variant(s)
- ₹27 to ₹31Mankind Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹20 to ₹25Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹36Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹12 to ₹24Leeford Healthcare Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹17Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹23Canvarzys Healthcare Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17 to ₹36Lincoln Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ivermectin + Albendazole
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine to treat infections caused by worms and parasites.
- Take it with or without food or as suggested by your doctor.
- It can be harmful to an unborn baby. Do not take it during pregnancy or breastfeeding. Use birth control measures to prevent pregnancy while taking Ivermectin + Albendazole.
- You may have more chance of getting an infection. Stay away from people with infections, colds, or flu. Inform your doctor if you notice signs of infection such as fever or sore throat.
- Your doctor may monitor your blood counts and liver function before you start taking this medicine and regularly throughout your treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Ivermectin + Albendazole
Ivermectin + Albendazole
Q. Can Ivermectin + Albendazole be stopped when my symptoms are gone?
No, Ivermectin + Albendazole should be continued as advised by the doctor. If you experience any problems due to the consumption of Ivermectin + Albendazole, consult the doctor for re-evaluation. Do not stop even you feel better. Stopping Ivermectin + Albendazole early may make the infection come back and harder to treat.
Q. Can the use of Ivermectin + Albendazole cause diarrhea?
Yes, the use ofIvermectin + Albendazole can cause diarrhea. In case of diarrhea, drink plenty of water or other fluids. Talk to your doctor if diarrhea persists and you notice any signs of dehydration, like less urination with dark colored and strong-smelling urine. Do not take any other medicines without consulting your doctor.
Q. Will Ivermectin + Albendazole be more effective if taken in more than recommended dose?
No, taking a higher than the recommended dose may not be more effective, rather it may increase the chances of having serious side effects and toxicity. If you do not find any relief in your symptoms even after taking the recommended doses, please consult your doctor.
Q. What are the instructions for storage and disposal of Ivermectin + Albendazole?
Keep this medicine in the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.