Information about Iron Sucrose
Iron sucrose uses
Iron Sucrose is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia and anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
How iron sucrose works
Iron Sucrose is an anti-anemic medication. It replenishes the iron stores in your body. Iron is vital for the formation of new red blood cells and hemoglobin, a substance that gives these cells the ability to transport oxygen.
Common side effects of iron sucrose
Vomiting, Nausea, Dark colored stool, Diarrhea, Constipation
Available Medicine for Iron Sucrose
- ₹58 to ₹240Alkem Laboratories Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹236Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹270Strides shasun Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹261UTH Healthcare3 variant(s)
- ₹273FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹57 to ₹275Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹257Akesiss Pharma Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹261Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹199La Renon Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100 to ₹225Zydus Cadila3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Iron Sucrose
- Iron Sucrose is prescribed for the treatment of iron deficiency anemia.
- It is given as a slow injection into veins or as drip under the supervision of a doctor.
- You may be asked for regular monitoring of iron level in blood while taking this medicine.
- It may cause dizziness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how this medicine affects you.
- Inform your doctor if notice shortness of breath, swelling of face, low blood pressure, itching, or rash.
Frequently asked questions for Iron Sucrose
Q. How long can I take Iron Sucrose for?
Iron Sucrose is used to regulate hemoglobin levels in the human body. It is usually given to patients who have iron deficient anemia or iron deficiency. The doctor may suggest using this medicine till the hemoglobin level becomes normal. Do consult your doctor to understand the usage of this medicine properly.
Q. How is Iron Sucrose administered?
Iron Sucrose should be administered under the supervision of a trained healthcare professional or a doctor only and should not be self-administered. The dose will depend on the condition you are being treated for and will be decided by your doctor. Follow your doctor’s instructions carefully to get maximum benefit from Iron Sucrose.
Q. Can I take Iron Sucrose for anemia and iron deficiency?
Yes, Iron Sucrose can be taken for iron deficiency anemia and iron deficiency. However, its use for other types of anemia is not recommended. Take Iron Sucrose in the dose and duration advised by your doctor.
Q. What types of food items should I take other than Iron Sucrose?
You can consume food items that are rich in iron content (like red meat, pork, poultry and seafood). Other food items which contain rich iron content include beans, dark green leafy vegetables (like spinach), peas, dried fruit (raisins and apricots), iron-fortified cereals, breads and pastas. You can also try iron supplements (tablets or capsules) available at pharmacy stores for iron deficient anemia.
Q. Does Iron Sucrose increase weight?
Yes, Iron Sucrose can increase weight. Exercise regularly and take a balanced diet that includes whole grains, fresh fruits, vegetables and fat-free products. You should consult your doctor if you need any further help to manage your weight.