How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Consult your doctor if you have liver, heart, kidney diseases or undergoing dialysis, bleeding or blood clotting disorder such as hemophilia or stomach bleeding or asthma or allergies, rheumatoid arthritis or any infections.
- Do not use iron dextran in children < 4 months old.
- You will be regularly monitored for lab tests, such as hemoglobin, hematocrit, blood iron levels, total iron binding capacity (TIBC) levels, or percent saturation of transferrin levels, while you use iron dextran.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking iron dextran as it may cause dizziness, lightheadedness, or fainting.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to iron dextran or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if having anaemia not associated with iron deficiency.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is iron dextran a vesicant?
Yes, Iron dextran is a vesicant
Q.Is Iron dextran administered as intramuscular injection?
Yes, it can be used as intramuscular injection
Q.What is iron dextran used for?
Iron dextran is used to treat iron mineral deficiency and iron deficiency anemia.