Insulin Lispro Protamine
Information about Insulin Lispro Protamine
Insulin lispro protamine uses
Insulin Lispro Protamine is used in the treatment of diabetes.
How insulin lispro protamine works
Insulin Lispro Protamine is an intermediate-acting insulin, starts working within 10-20 minutes after injection. It works similar to insulin produced by the body. Insulin facilitates reuptake of sugar in muscle and fat cells and also suppresses the production of sugar in the liver.
Common side effects of insulin lispro protamine
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Injection site allergic reaction
Available Medicine for Insulin Lispro ProtamineNo medicine available
Expert advice for Insulin Lispro Protamine
- Insulin Lispro Protamine helps to control blood glucose level and avoids long-term complications.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Insulin Lispro Protamine.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) is a common side-effect; learn how to identify and manage its symptoms (sweating, rapid heartbeat, weakness, blurry vision, headache) and teach your family as well.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption than other injection sites.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Opened vials/cartridge are good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).