Insulin Degludec + Insulin Aspart
Information about Insulin Degludec + Insulin Aspart
Insulin degludec + insulin aspart uses
Insulin Degludec+Insulin Aspart is used in the treatment of diabetes mellitus (Type 1 & Type 2).
How insulin degludec + insulin aspart works
This is a combination of two insulin preparations: Insulin degludec and insulin aspart. Insulin degludec has a prolonged duration of action while insulin aspart has a fast onset of action. Together, they ensure rapid and consistent sugar control by facilitating reuptake of sugar in muscle and fat cells, and suppressing the production of sugar in the liver.
Common side effects of insulin degludec + insulin aspart
Rash, Weight gain, Injection site allergic reaction, Skin thickening or pits at the injection site (Lipodystrophy), Edema (swelling), Itching, Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level)
Available Medicine for Insulin Degludec + Insulin Aspart
- ₹1468 to ₹1837Novo Nordisk India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Insulin Degludec + Insulin Aspart
- Take it 15 minutes before a meal or within 20 minutes after starting a meal.
- Injection below the skin of the abdomen results in faster absorption as compared to other injection sites such as skin of the upper arms, thighs, or buttocks. After injection, the site of injection should not be massaged.
- Injection sites must be rotated to prevent hard lumps from developing at one site.
- Change to another type or brand of insulin should be done under strict medical supervision as it may require a change in dosage.
- Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) may occur when taken along with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or on delaying/skipping a meal. Carry a sugar source with you for immediate relief.
- Do not share your insulin device with other people, even if the needle has been changed. You may give other people a serious infection or get a serious infection from them.
- Opened vials / cartridge are good at room temperature for up to 4 weeks, while unopened vials must be placed in the refrigerator (2°C–8°C).