Information about Idoxuridine
Idoxuridine is used in the treatment of eye infections by Herpes simplex virus.
How idoxuridine works
Idoxuridine is an antiviral medication. It prevents the multiplication of the virus in human cells. Thus stops the virus from producing new viruses.
Common side effects of idoxuridine
Itching, Inflammation, Pain, Eyelid inflammation
Available Medicine for Idoxuridine
- ₹68Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Idoxuridine
- Always take the complete course of treatment, as advised by your doctor even if you feel better.
- Drink plenty of water while on treatment with Idoxuridine. This helps to prevent kidney stone and kidney damage.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems. A dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- You should not have sex if you have genital sores or blisters. If you're taking Idoxuridine for herpes, you should use barrier methods (condoms) when you're having sex since you can still pass it on to other people, even if you're taking the medication.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Idoxuridine
Q. How does Idoxuridine work?
Idoxuridine belongs to a class of medication called nucleoside analogues. It stops the DNA replication and inhibits the virus from multiplying
Q. What is Idoxuridine used for?
Idoxuridine is used to treat viral infections (keratitis) in the eye caused by herpes simplex
Q. Does Idoxuridine need to be refrigerated?
Idoxuridine should be refrigerated but it should not be frozen.