Information about Idebenone
Idebenone is used in the treatment of friedreich ataxia (inherited disease of nervous system) and leber’s hereditary optic neuropathy.
How idebenone works
Idebenone belongs to the class of drugs called as antioxidants (a molecule that prevents oxidation of another molecule). It acts by protecting wide variety of cells from oxidative damage thereby increasing production of energy by cells.
Common side effects of idebenone
Nasopharyngitis, Cough, Diarrhoea, Back pain.
Available Medicine for Idebenone
- ₹191Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹159Ordain Health Care Global Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹157Mova Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹172Orchid Chemicals & Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Idebenone
- You will be regularly monitored to check complete blood count and liver function test values while on idebenone treatment.
- Inform your doctor in case you have mild kidney impairment.
- Inform your doctor if you are an elderly patient.
- Exercise caution before using idebenone in children <8 years.
- Do not take if allergic to idebenone or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from moderate or severe hepatic or renal impairment.
- Do not take if Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
Frequently asked questions for Idebenone
Q. Is idebenone better than CoQ 10?
Yes, idebenone is better than CoQ 10 as it prevents free radical damage under low oxygen condition.