Information about Hypromellose
Hypromellose is used in the treatment of dry eyes.
How Hypromellose works
Hypromellose is a lubricant. It works similar to natural tears and provides temporary relief from burning and discomfort due to dryness of the eye.
Common side effects of Hypromellose
Blurred vision, Eye pain, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Eye irritation, Eye redness
Available Medicine for Hypromellose
Expert advice for Hypromellose
- Your doctor has prescribed Hypromellose to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution of this medicine.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 minutes. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.