Information about Hypromellose
Hypromellose is used in the treatment of dry eyes.
How hypromellose works
Hypromellose is an artificial tear and moistens the surface of the eye (including artificial eyes) in the same way as natural tears.
Common side effects of hypromellose
Available Medicine for Hypromellose
- ₹72Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹32Sunways India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hypromellose
- Your doctor has prescribed Hypromellose to treat dry eye disease.
- It stabilizes the natural tear film and maintains necessary lubrication so your eyes don’t get dry and irritated.
- May require long-term use.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Hypromellose
Q. What is Hypromellose?
Hypromellose belongs to a class of medicines called eye lubricants or artificial tears. It is available as eye drops. It is used to soothe irritation, burning and discomfort of dry eye conditions(deficient tear production, infrequent blinking, smoke, wind, pollution, extended use of computer screen or television, medical treatment, dry atmospheric conditions). It may also be used to aid insertion and increase comfort of hard contact lenses
Q. Is Hypromellose safe?
Yes. Hypromellose is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor. It has minimal side effects and drug interactions.