Hyoscine is used in the treatment of motion sickness
How it works
Hyoscine belongs to class of medications called antimuscarinic and antispasmodic. It acts by relaxing the smooth muscles and by inhibiting secretions in the lining of the gastro-intestinal tract.
Common side effects
Dry mouth, Arrhythmia, Reduced bronchial secretions, Excessive thirst, Increased heart rate, Dry skin, Palpitations, Photophobia, Loss of accommodation, Slow heart rate, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Dilatation of pupil, Difficulty in urination, Constipation
- ₹11 to ₹59Zydus Cadila5 variant(s)
- ₹29 to ₹111Boehringer Ingelheim2 variant(s)
- ₹25Proctor Organics P Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Prescription Medicines Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹9Psychotropics India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹26Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6 to ₹25Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹8Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹11Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹6Unichem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- Do not take hyoscine if you are allergic to hyoscine or any of the other ingredient of the tablet or solution.
- Do not drive or operate machinery immediately after taking hyoscine as it may cause drowsiness.
- Consult your doctor before taking hyoscine, if you have a history of heart problems like heart failure or fast heart rate; an overactive thyroid; fever, constipation or difficulty while urinating.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What does hyoscine treat and how does it work?
Hyoscine is used for treating motion sickness. It is also used for relief from spasm in the genito-urinary tract, gastro-intestinal tract as well as during irritable bowel syndrome (IBD). Hyoscine acts by relaxing the smooth muscles and by inhibiting secretions in the lining of the gastro-intestinal tract
Q. Is hyoscine the same as scopolamine?
Scopolamine is the brand name of hyoscine
Q. Is it an anti-histamine?
It is not an anti-histamine
Q. Can I take paracetamol/ibuprofen/painkillers with hyoscine?
Hyoscine is not known to interact with paracetamol/ibuprofen/painkillers.Drugs are known to interact with each other and cause adverse effects.Any drug used in combination with hyoscine should be as per the doctor's advice
Q. Does hyoscine cause drowsiness or relieve nausea?
Hyoscine is known to relieve nausea and may cause drowsiness as a side effect.