Information about Homatropine
Homatropine is used in eye examination and uveitis. It is especially used in Children.
How homatropine works
Homatropine is used to dilate or enlarge the pupil of the eye so that the doctor can examine the back of the eyeball. It may also be used to reduce pain in certain eye conditions.
Common side effects of homatropine
Eye irritation, Eye itching, Stinging sensation, Follicular conjunctivitis, Foreign body sensation in eyes, Blurred vision, Stinging in the eyes, Photophobia, Eye discharge, Burning sensation in eye, Increased intraocular pressure, Burning sensation
Available Medicine for Homatropine
- ₹29Indoco Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹28Entod Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹29Klar Sehen Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26Optho Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹26 to ₹49Bell Pharma Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Homatropine
- Homatropine enlarges the pupil for eye examination and is commonly used in children <8 years of age.
- It is also used to relieve eye inflammation (redness and swelling) and infection.
- Apply pressure on the corner of the eye (close to the nose) for about 1 minute, immediately after instilling the drop.
- Wait for at least 5-10 minutes before delivering the next medication in the same eye to avoid dilution.
- Stinging sensation may occur for 1-2 mins. Notify your doctor if it persists for longer.
- Make sure to use within 4 weeks of opening the bottle.
Frequently asked questions for Homatropine
Q. Is homatropine the same as atropine?
No. Homatropine is not same as atropine
Q. Is homatropine hydrocodone lean/narcotic/ antihistamine?
Homatrpine is not hydrocodone lean or narcotic or antihistamine
Q. Does hydrocodone homatropine syrup contain acetaminophen?
No. hydrocodone homatropine syrup does not contain acetaminophen
Q. Can I take hydrocodone homatropine syrup/ Tylenol/ ibuprofen with Benadryl?
While using homatropine, you need to consult your doctor for other medication use with homatropine
Q. Does homatropine make you sick/high/sleepy?
Limited duration use of homatropine does not make you sick or high or sleepy. However long term use may cause such side effects, hence homatropine should be taken as per doctor's advice only.