How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- The Histamine can be taken with or without food.
- Histamine is very effective in controlling stomach acid release in the midnight, so it is better to take Histamine before going to bed.
- Take Histamine for the entire prescribed duration of the treatment, even if you begin to feel betterIf you are taking an antacid, take it 2 hours before or after the Histamine.
- Avoid drinking soft drinks, citrus products like orange and lemon, which irritate the stomach.
- Quit smoking or at least do not smoke after taking the medicine, as it tends to decrease the effect of Histamine by increasing the amount of acid produced in the stomach.
- Avoid drinking alcohol while taking the Histamine, as it increases the blood alcohol level.
- Some laboratory tests may be affected by Histamine. Notify your doctor that you are taking this medicine before you have any tests for skin allergies or tests to determine how much acid your stomach produces.
- Patients with kidney disease may need to take a lower dose.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is histamine a Hormone/Protein/ Vasodilator/ cytokine/ neurotransmitter/ agonist/ amino acid/ inhibitory or excitatory/ an enzyme/ a monoamine?
Histamine is a monoamine and not a hormone, protein, enzyme or amino acid. Histamine is an excitatory vasodilator and not a cytokine or neurotransmitter or inhibitory agonist
Q. Can I take histamine for a cold/ heat rash/ hives/ mosquito bites/ bug bites?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the use of histamine
Q. Can I take Histamine with amoxicillin /prednisolone/ ibuprofen/ antibiotics/ amoxicillin / citalopram / paracetamol /singulair /warfarin / sertraline?
Histamine may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions
Q. Does Histamine cause blood pressure/ fever/ pain/ weight gain/constipation/ drowsiness / edema / vasodilation or vasoconstriction/ bronchodilation?
Histamine may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment.