Information about Histamine
Histamine is a solution for skin prick testing. Histamine Positive and negative control are for
diagnostic use only. They are used as a reference with other skin prick tests to determine which substances cause allergic reaction..
Common side effects of histamine
Available Medicine for HistamineNo medicine available
Expert advice for Histamine
- Histamine can only decrease the number and severity of attacks of vertigo (dizziness), hearing loss and tinnitus (noise in the ear), it will not completely stop them.
- You may need to take Histamine for 6-12 months to see if it helps to relieve your symptoms. If it helps, then you can continue to use it.
- Do not take Histamine if you have a history of hypersensitivity to betahistine or you have pheochromocytoma, a rare tumor of adrenal glands.
- Take special care and inform your doctor if you have
- History of porphyria
- Peptic ulcer
- Low blood pressure
- Hereditary problem of intolerance to some sugars
- History of allergic reactions
Frequently asked questions for Histamine
Q. Can I take histamine for a cold/ heat rash/ hives/ mosquito bites/ bug bites?
Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding the use of histamine
Q. Does Histamine cause blood pressure/ fever/ pain/ weight gain/constipation/ drowsiness / edema / vasodilation or vasoconstriction/ bronchodilation?
Histamine may cause these side effects. Call your doctor if you experience any unusual problems during your treatment.
Q. Is histamine a Hormone/Protein/ Vasodilator/ cytokine/ neurotransmitter/ agonist/ amino acid/ inhibitory or excitatory/ an enzyme/ a monoamine?
Histamine is a monoamine and not a hormone, protein, enzyme or amino acid. Histamine is an excitatory vasodilator and not a cytokine or neurotransmitter or inhibitory agonist
Q. Can I take Histamine with amoxicillin /prednisolone/ ibuprofen/ antibiotics/ amoxicillin / citalopram / paracetamol /singulair /warfarin / sertraline?
Histamine may interact with these medications. Kindly follow doctors instructions