Information about Hepatitis A
Hepatitis a uses
Hepatitis A is used to prevent hepatitis a.
How hepatitis a works
Hepatitis a is a vaccine.It helps develop immunity by initiating a mild infection. This type of infection does not cause illness, but it does stimulate the body's immune system to produce antibodies to protect against any future infections.
Common side effects of hepatitis a
Nausea, Pain, Pharyngitis, Abdominal pain, Anaphylactic reaction, Convulsion, Fatigue, Fever, Headache, Loss of appetite, Feeling of discomfort, Skin redness, Tenderness, Vomiting, Warm sensation.
Available Medicine for Hepatitis A
- ₹747 to ₹1055Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹1395Wockhardt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1003Panacea Biotec Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1298Sanofi India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Hepatitis A
- Inform your doctor before taking the vaccine if you have a weakened immune system due to cancer, use of anti-cancer drugs, dialysis or HIV infection.
- Inform your doctor if you have problems with blood clotting or if you have hepatitis A infection or live in an area prone to hepatitis A infection.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery if you experience dizziness or headache after taking hepatitis A vaccine.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to hepatitis A or any other vaccines or any of its ingredients
- Do not take if suffering with fever or bleeding disorders.
Frequently asked questions for Hepatitis A
Q. Is hepatitis A infection curable?
No. Hepatitis A infection is not curable. In most cases, treatment is not required. However, the symptoms of hepatitis A can be controlled
Q. Is hepatitis A infection fatal or life-threatening?
No. Hepatitis A infection usually does not cause liver disease. But in some cases, it may lead to acute liver failure which can be life-threatening
Q. Is hepatitis A infection contagious?
Yes. Hepatitis A virus infection is contagious
Q. Does it spread through saliva or sharing of food?
It spreads only if a person comes in contact with the feces (stools) of the infected person
Q. Does hepatitis A vaccine cause fever?
Mild fever may occur after hepatitis A vaccine administration . Contact your doctor if your fever worsens or does not go away
Q. Is hepatitis A vaccine necessary?
Although not mandatory, hepatitis A vaccine is recommended for children (18 months-2 years) in India and adults who do not live in hepatitis A prevalent area.