Guaifenesin + Ambroxol + Chlorpheniramine Maleate
Information about Guaifenesin + Ambroxol + Chlorpheniramine Maleate
Guaifenesin + ambroxol + chlorpheniramine maleate uses
Guaifenesin+Ambroxol+Chlorpheniramine Maleate is used in the treatment of cough.
How guaifenesin + ambroxol + chlorpheniramine maleate works
This is a combination of three medicines: Guaifenesin, ambroxol and chlorpheniramine which relieve cough. Guaifenesin is an expectorant which decreases the stickiness of mucus (phlegm) and helps in its removal from the airways. Ambroxol is a mucolytic which thins and loosens mucus (phlegm), making it easier to cough out. Chlorpheniramine is an antiallergic which relieves allergy symptoms like runny nose, watery eyes and sneezing.
Common side effects of guaifenesin + ambroxol + chlorpheniramine maleate
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Sleepiness, Dizziness, Headache, Allergic reaction, Rash, Hives
Available Medicine for Guaifenesin + Ambroxol + Chlorpheniramine Maleate
- ₹70Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹17Abbott1 variant(s)
- ₹36 to ₹282Leo Pharmaceuticals2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Guaifenesin + Ambroxol + Chlorpheniramine Maleate
- Guaifenesin + Ambroxol + Chlorpheniramine Maleate helps relieve cough that is accompanied with mucus.
- Drink extra fluids to help loosen the congestion and lubricate your throat while you are taking this medication.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- If you are diabetic, monitor your blood glucose regularly while taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of thyroid or heart disease.
- Stop taking Guaifenesin + Ambroxol + Chlorpheniramine Maleate and inform your doctor if your cough persists for more than 1 week, tends to recur, or is accompanied by a fever, rash or persistent headache.