How it works
Common side effects
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Inform your doctor if symptoms do not disappear after 7 days of use.
- Do not drive or operate heavy machinery, or perform tasks which require concentration since gramicidin may cause blurred vision.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to gramicidin or any of the ingredients.
- Do not take in damaged ear drum, glaucoma (increased pressure inside the eye that causes visual problems), herpes keratitis (viral infection of the eye caused by herpes simplex virus); viral, fungal, tuberculous or pus-filled conditions of the eye.
Frequently asked questions
Q. Is gramicidin a penicillin, sulfa, or aminoglycoside antibiotic?
Gramicidin does not contain sulfa and is not a penicillin or aminoglycoside drug. It is a peptide antibiotic
Q. How does gramicidin affect oxidative phosphorylation?
Gramicidin has no direct effect on oxidative phosphorylation
Q. How does gramicidin work?
Gramicidin is a bactericidal for a variety of Gram-positive Bacteria. It increases the permeability of the bacterial cell membrane
Q. If gramicidin is added?
Yes, gramicidin is generally available as combination with other medications.