Information about Glimepiride + Metformin
Glimepiride + Metformin Uses
Glimepiride+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How Glimepiride + Metformin works
Glimepiride + Metformin is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Glimepiride and Metformin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
Common side effects of Glimepiride + Metformin
Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Taste change, Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Glimepiride + Metformin
₹53 to ₹15511 variant(s)
₹83 to ₹23819 variant(s)
GemerSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹35 to ₹19514 variant(s)
Amaryl MSanofi India Ltd
₹157 to ₹3304 variant(s)
Glimestar-MMankind Pharma Ltd
₹46 to ₹2829 variant(s)
Azulix MFTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹48 to ₹2209 variant(s)
Glimisave MEris Lifesciences Ltd
₹85 to ₹18312 variant(s)
Diapride MMicro Labs Ltd
₹40 to ₹42915 variant(s)
Glucoryl-MAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹49 to ₹2167 variant(s)
Zoryl MIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹71 to ₹30011 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glimepiride + Metformin
- You have been prescribed this combination medicine as it can control blood sugar better than metformin alone.
- You should continue to exercise regularly, eat a healthy diet, and take your other diabetes medicines along with Glimepiride + Metformin.
- Take it with food to lower your chance of having an upset stomach.
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Glimepiride + Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).