Glimepiride + Metformin
Information about Glimepiride + Metformin
Glimepiride + metformin uses
Glimepiride+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes.
How glimepiride + metformin works
This is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Glimepiride and Metformin. Glimepiride is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
Common side effects of glimepiride + metformin
Hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level), Altered taste, Nausea, Diarrhoea, Stomach pain, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Glimepiride + Metformin
- ₹48 to ₹130USV Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹25 to ₹107Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd10 variant(s)
- ₹67 to ₹188Lupin Ltd14 variant(s)
- ₹136 to ₹236Sanofi India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹113 to ₹397Sanofi India Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹150Eris Life Sciences Pvt Ltd14 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹167Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹76 to ₹192Micro Labs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹49 to ₹233Mankind Pharma Ltd8 variant(s)
- ₹77 to ₹158Abbott4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Glimepiride + Metformin
- Glimepiride+Metformin is a combination medicine to lower blood sugar.
- You should continue to exercise regularly and take a healthy diet.
- You may experience an upset stomach with nausea and diarrhoea in the first two weeks. Take it with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Tell your doctor if you experience rapid breathing, ongoing nausea, vomiting, or stomach pain.
- Limit alcohol consumption when taking Glimepiride+Metformin.