Information about Gliclazide + Metformin
Gliclazide + Metformin Uses
Gliclazide+Metformin is used in the treatment of type 2 diabetes mellitus.
How Gliclazide + Metformin works
Gliclazide + Metformin is a combination of two antidiabetic medicines: Gliclazide and Metformin. Gliclazide is a sulfonylurea which works by increasing the amount of insulin released by the pancreas in order to lower the blood glucose. Metformin is a biguanide which works by lowering glucose production in the liver, delaying glucose absorption from intestines and increasing the body's sensitivity to insulin.
Common side effects of Gliclazide + Metformin
Hypoglycemia (low blood glucose level), Taste change, Nausea, Diarrhea, Stomach pain, Headache, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Gliclazide + Metformin
ReclimetDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹60 to ₹2518 variant(s)
Glizid-MPanacea Biotec Ltd
₹44 to ₹1526 variant(s)
Glycinorm-MIpca Laboratories Ltd
₹68 to ₹1745 variant(s)
Glykind-MMankind Pharma Ltd
Dianorm-MMicro Labs Ltd
₹107 to ₹1904 variant(s)
Diamicron MexSerdia Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd
Glychek-MIndoco Remedies Ltd
₹48 to ₹1576 variant(s)
Glycigon-MAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹53 to ₹933 variant(s)
Euclide MAlkem Laboratories Ltd
₹74 to ₹2054 variant(s)
Expert advice for Gliclazide + Metformin
- Monitor your blood sugar level regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- It can cause hypoglycemia (low blood sugar level) when used with other antidiabetic medicines, alcohol or if you delay or miss a meal.
- Inform your doctor about your diabetes treatment if you are due to have surgery under a general anesthetic.
- Tell your doctor immediately if you experience any deep or rapid breathing or if you have persistent nausea, vomiting, and stomach pain as Gliclazide + Metformin may cause a rare but serious condition called lactic acidosis, which is an excess of lactic acid in the blood.
- Your doctor may check your liver function regularly. Inform your doctor if you develop symptoms such as abdominal pain, loss of appetite, or yellowing of the eyes or skin (jaundice).