Information about Fosfestrol
Fosfestrol is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How fosfestrol works
Fosfestrol works by decreasing the amount of testosterone (natural hormone in males). Reducing the amount of testosterone in males may slow or stop the spread and growth of prostate cancer cells that need testosterone to grow.
Common side effects of fosfestrol
Headache, Nausea, Mood changes, Change in body weight, Metrorrhagia (menstrual bleeding at irregular intervals), Breast tenderness, Abdominal pain, Breast enlargement, Edema (swelling), Sexual dysfunction, Fibroid
Available Medicine for Fosfestrol
- ₹265Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fosfestrol
- Tell your doctor if you have diabetes, cardiovascular disease, disease of the blood vessels in and around the brain (cerebrovascular disease), disorders that increase the risk of blood clots in the blood vessels (thromboembolic disorders), high blood pressure (hypertension) and liver disease.
- Exercise caution if you are an elderly patient.
- Do not take if allergic to fosfestrol or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if Pregnant or breastfeeding women.
- Do not give to Children.