Information about Fondaparinux
How Fondaparinux works
Fondaparinux is an anticoagulant. It stops the action of a substance (clotting factor Xa) from working in the blood. This prevents the formation of unwanted blood clots (thrombosis) in the blood vessels.
Common side effects of Fondaparinux
Bleeding, Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
Available Medicine for Fondaparinux
FondaredDr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd
₹864 to ₹15892 variant(s)
₹862 to ₹14802 variant(s)
₹820 to ₹15932 variant(s)
FondumAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
FondastarOaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd
ArixtraGlaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹680 to ₹13202 variant(s)
FondalinGlenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FondakemAlkem Laboratories Ltd
FonaxelCelon Laboratories Ltd
Expert advice for Fondaparinux
- Fondaparinux prevents the formation of blood clots in the blood vessels of legs or lungs.
- It is given by injection, usually under the skin (subcutaneously) of the lower abdominal area.
- It may make you feel dizzy, tired or weak. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor as this may increase your chances of having another heart attack or stroke.