Information about Fondaparinux
Fondaparinux is used to prevent deep vein thrombosis and pulmonary embolism. It prevents blood clot formation that may be due to orthopedic (such as hip or knee surgery) or abdominal surgery or due to restricted movement because of an acute illness.
How fondaparinux works
Fondaparinux is an anticoagulant. It stops the action of a substance (clotting factor Xa) from working in the blood. This prevents the formation of unwanted blood clots (thrombosis) in the blood vessels.
Common side effects of fondaparinux
Bleeding, Anemia (low number of red blood cells)
Available Medicine for Fondaparinux
- ₹864 to ₹1590Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹784 to ₹1480Lupin Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹820 to ₹1594Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹780Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹655Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1480Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹680 to ₹1320Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹750Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹715Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fondaparinux
- Fondaparinux prevents the formation of blood clots in the blood vessels of legs or lungs.
- It is given by injection, usually under the skin (subcutaneously) of the lower abdominal area.
- It may make you feel dizzy, tired or weak. Do not drive or do anything that requires mental focus until you know how it affects you.
- It increases your risk of bleeding. Be careful while shaving, cutting fingernails or toenails, or using sharp objects.
- Notify your doctor if you see blood in your vomit, urine or stool (black, tarry stools or bright red blood).
- Do not discontinue use without consulting your doctor as this may increase your chances of having another heart attack or stroke.
Frequently asked questions for Fondaparinux
Q. Can the use of Fondaparinux increase the risk of bleeding?
Yes, Fondaparinux increases the risk of bleeding, and the affects of Fondaparinux may last for 4 days even after stopping this medicine. Always be careful while doing activities that may cause an injury or bleeding. Tell your doctor immediately if you notice any abnormal bruising or bleeding.