Information about Fondaparinux
Available Medicine for Fondaparinux
- ₹618 to ₹1348Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹786 to ₹1445Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹680 to ₹1320Glaxo SmithKline Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹680Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹1348Lupin Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹715Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹780Aristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹655Oaknet Life Sciences Private Limited1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fondaparinux
- Do not take fondaparinux, if you are allergic to fondaparinux or any of the other ingredients.
- Doctor’s advice should be considered in case of patients with following history of disease conditions: high blood pressure, stroke, kidney or liver problems, stomach ulcers, or bleed easily; diabetes; or obesity.
- Consult your doctor before using fondaparinux, if you are an elderly patient (above 75 years of age).
- Avoid using fondaparinux, if you are pregnant or breast feeding.
Frequently asked questions for Fondaparinux
Q. Is fondaparinux dialyzable?
Fondaparinux is added to the tube leaving the body during dialysis and hence is dialyzable
Q. Is fondaparinux derived pork?
It is not derived from pork but people allergic to pork should not take fondaparinux
Q. Is it an anti-coagulant?
Fondaparinux is not the same as heparin or lmwh (low molecular weight heparin) but all of them belong to the same class of medication called anti-coagulants
Q. Does it cause hyperkalemia?
Hyperkalemia i.e. increase in potassium levels in blood may be one of the uncommon side effects of fondaparinux
Q. How does fondaparinux work?
Fondaparinux belongs to a class of medication called anti-coagulants. It is used for patients who are about to have certain kinds of surgery as well as to prevent clots in the legs (deep vein thrombosis) and lungs (pulmonary embolism). It works by preventing one of the steps of blood clotting thus preventing formation of new clots as well as worsening of the existing clots
Q. Does it affect INR?
INR (international normalized ratio) shows how long it takes for blood to clot when on anticoagulant therapy versus no therapy. Fondaparinux therapy increases INR to 2-3
Q. Is fondaparinux the same as heparin or lmwh?
Fondaparinux is not the same as heparin orlmwh(low molecular weight heparin)
Q. Is fondaparinux FDA approved for hit?
Fondaparinux is not approved by the FDA for HIT (heparin induced thrombocytopenia)
Q. Is it reversible?
Fondaparinux treatment is not reversible.