How it works
Common side effects
- Do not drive or operate machinery as flutamide can affect your nervous system and cause visual changes.
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: liver disease, a genetic enzyme deficiency called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, hemoglobin M disease; habit of smoking.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have severe or ongoing diarrhea.
- Avoid dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt to prevent diarrhea and do not use laxatives while taking flutamide.
- Drink plenty of liquids while you are on flutamide treatment.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is flutamide chemotherapy?
Flutamide is used as chemotherapy for the treatment of cancers
Q.Is flutamide cytotoxic?
Yes, flutamide is cytotoxic (toxic to cells)
Q.Does flutamide cause weight gain?
Flutamide has no known effects on weight gain
Q.Does flutamide lower testosterone?
Yes, flutamide lowers testosterone levels and blocks testosterone from reaching the cancer cells, thereby slowing the growth and of cancer cells.