Information about Flutamide
Flutamide is used in the treatment of prostate cancer.
How flutamide works
Flutamide blocks the effect of the natural male hormones on the growth of prostate cells. Flutamide also blocks the undesired effects of androgens in females such as excessive hair growth and acne.
Common side effects of flutamide
Rash, Dizziness, Decreased libido, Breast enlargement in male, Sleepiness, Weakness, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Dyspepsia, Weight gain, Increased liver enzymes, Breast tenderness, Anemia, Depression, Decreased appetite, Flatulence, Constipation, Hot flashes
Available Medicine for Flutamide
- ₹106Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹92Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹97United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹90Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Flutamide
- Do not drive or operate machinery as flutamide can affect your nervous system and cause visual changes.
- Consult your doctor if you have any of the following medical conditions: liver disease, a genetic enzyme deficiency called glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase (G6PD) deficiency, hemoglobin M disease; habit of smoking.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you have severe or ongoing diarrhea.
- Avoid dairy products such as milk, cheese, and yogurt to prevent diarrhea and do not use laxatives while taking flutamide.
- Drink plenty of liquids while you are on flutamide treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Flutamide
Q. Is flutamide chemotherapy?
Flutamide is used as chemotherapy for the treatment of cancers
Q. Is flutamide cytotoxic?
Yes, flutamide is cytotoxic (toxic to cells)
Q. Does flutamide cause weight gain?
Flutamide has no known effects on weight gain
Q. Does flutamide lower testosterone?
Yes, flutamide lowers testosterone levels and blocks testosterone from reaching the cancer cells, thereby slowing the growth and of cancer cells.