Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
Information about Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
Fluoxetine + olanzapine uses
Fluoxetine+Olanzapine is used in the treatment of bipolar depression. It refers to the "lows," or depressive phase, of bipolar disorder.
How fluoxetine + olanzapine works
This is a combination of two medicines: Fluoxetine and Olanzapine. They work by increasing the activity of certain chemicals called serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine in the brain. These chemicals help relieve the symptoms of bipolar depression.
Common side effects of fluoxetine + olanzapine
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dizziness, Muscle rigidity, Restlessness, Tremor, Delayed ejaculation, Anorgasmia (decreased orgasm), Low sexual desire
Available Medicine for Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
- ₹90Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹107Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹78 to ₹97Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹142Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹78Shine Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Talent India1 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹129Strides shasun Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹85Altius Life Sciences1 variant(s)
- ₹65Solvate Laboratries Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹66Crescent Therapeutics Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
- You have been prescribed Fluoxetine + Olanzapine for the treatment of bipolar disorder with depression.
- Take it in the evening as it can make you feel sleepy.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to experience the full benefits of the medication.
- Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause increase in weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat). Eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.