Information about Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
Fluoxetine + Olanzapine Uses
Fluoxetine+Olanzapine is used in the treatment of bipolar depression. It refers to the "lows," or depressive phase, of bipolar disorder.
How Fluoxetine + Olanzapine works
Fluoxetine + Olanzapine is a combination of two medicines: Fluoxetine and Olanzapine. They work by increasing the activity of certain chemicals called serotonin, norepinephrine, and dopamine in the brain. These chemicals help relieve the symptoms of bipolar depression.
Common side effects of Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea, Constipation, Dryness in mouth, Weight gain, Sleepiness, Orthostatic hypotension (sudden lowering of blood pressure on standing), Dizziness, Muscle stiffness, Restlessness, Tremor, Delayed ejaculation, Anorgasmia (decreased orgasm), Low sexual desire
Available Medicine for Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
Oleanz PlusSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Olanex FEmcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd
FosteraIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹101 to ₹1272 variant(s)
Oleanz ForteSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
Oltha PlusShine Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Olay PlusTalent India
Olanex PlusStrides shasun Ltd
₹97 to ₹1412 variant(s)
Olet PlusAltius Life Sciences
Elanza PlusSolvate Laboratries Pvt Ltd
Olapin PlusCrescent Therapeutics Ltd
Expert advice for Fluoxetine + Olanzapine
- You have been prescribed Fluoxetine + Olanzapine for the treatment of bipolar disorder with depression.
- Take it in the evening as it can make you feel sleepy.
- It may take 4 to 6 weeks to experience the full benefits of the medication.
- Don't drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- It may cause increase in weight, blood sugar, cholesterol, and triglycerides (fat). Eat healthy and exercise regularly.
- Talk to your doctor if you notice sudden mood changes or develop suicidal thoughts.