Information about Fluorometholone
Fluorometholone is used in the treatment of inflammation of the eye.
How fluorometholone works
Fluorometholone is a topical steroid ( anti-inflammatory medicine ). It works by stopping the release of certain natural substances in the eye that are responsible for pain and inflammation (redness and swelling).
Common side effects of fluorometholone
Increased intraocular pressure
Available Medicine for Fluorometholone
- ₹105Allergan India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹91 to ₹111Micro Labs Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹162Alcon Laboratories1 variant(s)
- ₹99Cipla Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹112Alembic Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹109Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹109Zydus Cadila1 variant(s)
- ₹63FDC Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹97Sentiss Pharma1 variant(s)
- ₹72 to ₹100Pharmtak Ophtalmics India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluorometholone
- Your doctor has prescribed Fluorometholone for the relief of pain and inflammation in the eye.
- Do not use for more than a week except under an eye specialist's close observation as it may cause glaucoma or secondary infection.
- Notify your doctor if you recently had herpes or chicken pox.
- Take care to prevent contact of eye dispenser with eye, eyelid, eyelashes, or finger to avoid infection.
- Avoid wearing contact lenses after surgery and while using Fluorometholone.
Frequently asked questions for Fluorometholone
Q. Does Fluorometholone treat pink eye?
Fluorometholone is used for treat inflammation of parts of conjunctiva; relives redness and itching. It must not be used for undiagnosed red eye condition. Always follow the instructions of doctor regarding its use
Q. Is Fluorometholone an antibiotic?
No, Fluorometholone is not an antibiotic. Fluorometholone belongs to a group of medicines called synthetic corticosteroid (glucocorticoid). It is used to relive inflammatory condition of the eye
Q. Is Fluorometholone a steroid?
Yes, Fluorometholone is a steroid. Fluorometholone belongs to a group of medicines called synthetic corticosteroid (glucocorticoid). It is used to relive inflammatory condition of the eye
Q. Is Fluorometholone safe?
Fluorometholone is safe if used at prescribed doses for the prescribed duration as advised by your doctor
Q. Is Fluorometholone generic?
Yes, Fluorometholone is a generic name. It is available in various trade names
Q. How does Fluorometholone work?
Fluorometholone belongs to a group of medicines synthetic corticosteroid (glucocorticoid). Fluorometholone binds to its receptors and controls the production of certain chemicals that mediate infections in the body, thereby inhibiting the inflammatory reactions (such as swelling, fibrin deposition, capillary dilatation, phagocyte migration)
Q. What is Fluorometholone ophthalmic suspension used for?
Fluorometholone is used to treat inflammation of parts of conjunctiva such as the palpebral conjunctive (a clear membrane, which coats the inside of the eyelids.) and bulbar conjunctiva (a clear membrane of the eye, which covers the outer surface of the eye)
Q. How much does Fluorometholone cost?
The price of Fluorometholone may vary depending upon the brand prescribed to you.Please read the instruction on the package for the correct price of the product.