Information about Fluocinolone
Fluocinolone is used in the treatment of allergic disorders and skin disorders.
How fluocinolone works
Fluocinolone belongs to a group of medicines called as steroids. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation..
Common side effects of fluocinolone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Fluocinolone
- ₹105Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹171La Pristine Bioceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹269Telic Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluocinolone
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you are allergic to it or to any other content in the medicine.
- Do not take fluocinolone, if you have any infection in and around your eye; glaucoma (increased pressure inside your eye).
- Inform your doctor before taking the medicine, if you have had herpes infection of the eye in the past.
- Avoid using fluocinolone, if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or breast-feeding.
- Do not drive or operate machinery after taking fluocinolone because it may cause temporary vision blurring.
Frequently asked questions for Fluocinolone
Q. Is Fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, Fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q. Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is used for acne or psoriasis?
Fluocinolone is used for skin infections, acne, psoriasis or eye infections
Q. Is Fluocinolone safe for infants?
No, Fluocinolone is not safe to be used in children less than 18 years of age
Q. Is Fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q. Can Fluocinolone cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.