Information about Fluocinolone
Fluocinolone is used in the treatment of allergy symptoms and skin disorders.
How fluocinolone works
Fluocinolone belongs to a group of medicines called as steroids. It prevents the release of substances in the body that cause inflammation..
Common side effects of fluocinolone
Electrolyte imbalance, Redistribution/accumulation of body fat, Bone degradation, Increased risk of infection, Muscle disorders, Increased blood pressure, Altered bone growth, Skin scar, Behavioural changes, Increased glucose level in blood, Cataract
Available Medicine for Fluocinolone
- ₹269Telic Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fluocinolone
- Take with food to avoid an upset stomach.
- Dose is decreased or tapered over time.
- Most side effects occur with high doses and on long-term use.
- Your risk of getting an infection may become higher. Tell your doctor immediately if you have a fever, flu-like symptoms, cough, painful urination, or a wound that does not heal.
Frequently asked questions for Fluocinolone
Q. Is Fluocinolone a steroid?
Yes, Fluocinolone is a steroid drug
Q. Is available or sold over the counter?
No, fluocinolone is a prescription drug. It is not available or sold over the counter
Q. Is used for acne or psoriasis?
Fluocinolone is used for skin infections, acne, psoriasis or eye infections
Q. Is Fluocinolone safe for infants?
No, Fluocinolone is not safe to be used in children less than 18 years of age
Q. Is Fluocinolone the same as fluocinonide?
Fluocinolone and fluocinonide are two different drugs belonging to the same class. They are used for the same indications
Q. Can Fluocinolone cause hair growth?
Fluocinolone may cause hair growth at the site of application. If you experience any such symptoms, please consult your doctor.