Information about Fexofenadine
Fexofenadine is used in the treatment of allergic conditions.
How fexofenadine works
Fexofenadine is an antihistaminic medication. It treats allergy symptoms such as such as itching, swelling, and rashes by blocking the effects of a chemical messenger (histamine) in the body.
Common side effects of fexofenadine
Headache, Drowsiness, Nausea, Dizziness
Available Medicine for Fexofenadine
- ₹52 to ₹180Sanofi India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹103 to ₹181Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹64 to ₹100Mankind Pharma Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹95 to ₹137Hegde and Hegde Pharmaceutical LLP2 variant(s)
- ₹134 to ₹173Ipca Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹117 to ₹142Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹108 to ₹181Ind Swift Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹30 to ₹95Delcure Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹69 to ₹99Hetero Drugs Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹145Dr. Johns Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fexofenadine
- Fexofenadine helps with the symptoms of allergies such as itching, redness, and rashes.
- It is less likely to make you feel sleepy than some other similar medicines.
- Do not take it with any fruit juices (such as apple, orange, or grapefruit) as they might make the drug less effective.
- It may cause nausea. Stick to simple meals, and do not eat rich or spicy food.
- Avoid using antacids within 30 minutes before or after taking this medicine. It can make it harder for your body to absorb this medication.
- Your doctor has prescribed Fexofenadine to help relieve allergy symptoms such as itching, swelling, and rashes.
- As compared to other similar medications, it is much less likely to make you feel sleepy.
- Be cautious while driving or doing anything that requires concentration as it can cause dizziness and sleepiness.
- Do not drink alcohol while taking this medication as it may cause increased sleepiness.
- Stop taking Fexofenadine at least three days before taking an allergy test as it can affect the test results.
Frequently asked questions for Fexofenadine
Q. Can the use of Fexofenadine cause sleepiness?
Yes, Fexofenadine can make you feel sleepy. At the beginning of your treatment: do not drive, operate machinery, work at heights, or participate in potentially dangerous activities until you know how this medicine affects you.
Q. What should be avoided while taking Fexofenadine?
Do not take it with any fruit juices (such as apple, orange, or grapefruit) as they might make the drug less effective. Avoid drinking alcohol while taking Fexofenadine. Drinking alcohol will increase the severity of drowsiness or sleepiness caused by Fexofenadine.