Information about Ferrous Bisglycinate
Ferrous bisglycinate uses
Ferrous Bisglycinate is used in the treatment of iron deficiency anemia and anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
How ferrous bisglycinate works
Ferrous Bisglycinate is an anti-anemic medication. It replenishes the iron stores in your body. Iron is vital for the formation of new red blood cells and hemoglobin, a substance that gives these cells the ability to transport oxygen.
Common side effects of ferrous bisglycinate
Nausea, Abdominal cramp, Constipation, Epigastric pain, Diarrhoea
Available Medicine for Ferrous Bisglycinate
- ₹108 to ₹268Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ferrous Bisglycinate
- Consult your doctor before giving it to children.
- Make sure that other causes of anemia have also been investigated, such as vitamin B12/folate deficiency, drug induced or due to other poisons such as lead, as often the anemia has more than one underlying cause.
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to ferrous bisglycinate or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering with hemochromatosis (a hereditary disorder in which iron salts are deposited in the tissues, leading to liver damage, diabetes mellitus, and bronze discoloration of the skin).
- Do not take if suffering with hemosiderosis (a condition characterized by iron overload resulting in the accumulation of an iron-storage complex hemosiderin).