Fenpiverinium is used in the treatment of pain due to smooth muscle spasm
How it works
Fenpiverinium belongs to the class of drugs called anticholinergics. It works by inhibiting the nerve impulses which are responsible for causing pain and muscular contractions in the gastrointestinal tract, urinary tract and other organs.
Common side effects
Slow heart rate, Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Photophobia, Dilatation of pupil, Dry mouth, Difficulty in urination, Palpitations, Constipation, Dry skin, Arrhythmia, Increased heart rate, Excessive thirst, Reduced bronchial secretions, Loss of accommodation
Available MedicineNo medicine available
- Fenpiverinium should be taken along with food.
- Do not continue taking fenpiverinium for more than 3 days. Consult your doctor in case the symptoms do not resolve during this period.
- Do not panic if you are passing red-colored urine as fenpiverinium when given combination with metamizole can cause such effects. However, consult your doctor if you are having painful urination.
- Do not consume alcohol while taking fenpiverinium as it may worsen the side effects.
- Do not drive or use any machinery after taking leva fenpiverinium as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not take if patient is allergic to fenpiverinium or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if patient with severe kidney or liver failure.
- Do not given if patients who have obstruction in gastrointestinal tract or megacolon (extension of colon).
- Do not given if patients with difficulty in emptying due to muscle weakness (atony) and gall bladder.
- Do not take if patients with certain hereditary diseases such as glucose-6-phosphate dehydrogenase and porphyria (abnormal metabolism of the blood pigment hemoglobin).
- Patients who have leukopenia (reduction in the white blood cells), aplastic anemia (low red blood cells due to impaired bone marrow function), agranulocytosis (severe reduction or complete absence of certain white blood cells).
- Patients with angle closure glaucoma (when eye pressure increases rapidly), elderly patients.
- Do not given to pregnant or breastfeeding women.