Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin
Information about Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin
Fenofibrate + rosuvastatin uses
How fenofibrate + rosuvastatin works
This is a combination of two lipid-lowering medicines: Fenofibrate and Rosuvastatin. Fenofibrate works by lowering the levels of triglycerides in your blood, while Rosuvastatin prevents your body from making "bad" cholesterol (LDL). Both raise the levels of “good” cholesterol (HDL).
Common side effects of fenofibrate + rosuvastatin
Nausea, Headache, Abdominal pain, Muscle pain, Weakness
Available Medicine for Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin
- ₹116 to ₹335Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹149 to ₹230USV Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹174 to ₹312Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹110 to ₹393Torrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd5 variant(s)
- ₹125 to ₹339Lupin Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹109 to ₹388Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹158 to ₹207Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹127 to ₹167Eris Lifesciences Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹141 to ₹207Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹118 to ₹212Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin
- Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin is a combination of two medicines that provides better control over high cholesterol and triglyceride levels.
- It decreases the risk of heart diseases and helps prevent strokes and heart attacks.
- It should be taken in addition to regular exercise and low-fat diet to lower levels of fat in the blood.
- Notify your doctor if you experience muscle symptoms (pain or weakness), particularly if accompanied with fever.
- Notify your doctor if you experience stomach pain, loss of hunger, a sick feeling or dark urine.
- Do not discontinue Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin without consulting your doctor even if you feel better.
- Avoid alcohol consumption (includes wine, beer, and liquor).
Frequently asked questions for Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin
Fenofibrate + Rosuvastatin
Q. Can the use of Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin cause liver damage?
Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin contains Rosuvastatin and Fenofibrate. A very rare (1 in 10000 patient) side effect of this medicine is liver damage. Use of this medicine should be avoided in patients with underlying liver disease. Contact your doctor immediately if you notice any early signs and symptoms of liver damage. These symptoms may include fever, rash, loss of appetite, nausea, vomiting, fatigue, stomach pain, dark urine, yellow skin or eyes, or abnormal liver enzymes.
Q. Can the use of Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin cause muscle pain?
Yes, Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin may cause muscle pain due to muscle injury. However, this side effect does not occur in everybody. Talk to your doctor as soon as possible if you are experiencing symptoms such as muscle pain or weakness.
Q. What lifestyle changes should I adopt while taking Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin?
Making lifestyle changes can boost your health while taking Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin. Stop smoking, as smoking lowers your risk of having a heart attack and stroke. If you are overweight or obese, try to lose weight. You should maintain a healthy diet by including fruits and vegetables in your meals. Regular exercise can make your heart strong and decrease your risk of heart attack.
Q. What medicines should I avoid while taking Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin?
Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin can interact with several medicines and can cause serious problems. Talk to your doctor and inform him about using Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin before taking any prescription or non-prescription medicine.
Q. What are the instructions for the storage and disposal of Fenofibrate+Rosuvastatin?
Keep this medicine in the packet or the container it came in, tightly closed. Store it according to the instructions mentioned on the pack or label. Dispose of the unused medicine. Make sure it is not consumed by pets, children and other people.