Information about Famotidine
Famotidine is used in the treatment of peptic ulcer disease and gastroesophageal reflux disease (acid reflux).
How Famotidine works
Famotidine is a histamine H2 receptor antagonist. It works by reducing the acid produced in the stomach. This helps to relieve acid-related indigestion and heartburn.
Common side effects of Famotidine
Headache, Diarrhea, Drowsiness, Constipation
Available Medicine for Famotidine
FamocidSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
₹4 to ₹753 variant(s)
TopcidTorrent Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹4 to ₹72 variant(s)
₹19 to ₹262 variant(s)
FadineAristo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹2 to ₹42 variant(s)
FamoletUniversal Drug House Pvt Ltd
FacidIntas Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3 to ₹62 variant(s)
FamonextCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹6 to ₹72 variant(s)
FamocerElder Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹3 to ₹42 variant(s)
ToburThemis Medicare Ltd
Expert advice for Famotidine
- Famotidine is a well tolerated and safe medicine with a very low incidence of side effects.
- Take it with or without food.
- Take Famotidine before going to bed if you are taking this medicine once a day. It is very effective in controlling stomach acid that is released when you are asleep.
- If you are also taking other medications to treat acidity (e.g., antacid), take them 2 hours before or after taking Famotidine.
- Avoid taking soft drinks, citrus fruits like orange and lemon, which can irritate the stomach and increase acid secretion.
- Inform your doctor if you do not feel better after taking Famotidine for 2 weeks as you may be suffering from some other problems.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney disease as dose of your medicine may need to be adjusted.
- Do not stop taking the medication without talking to your doctor.