Information about Exemestane
Exemestane is used in the treatment of breast cancer.
How Exemestane works
Exemestane is an aromatase inhibitor. It works by lowering the amount of estrogen (natural female hormone) produced in the body. This can lower or stop the growth of some breast cancer cells that need estrogen to grow.
Common side effects of Exemestane
Insomnia (difficulty in sleeping), Headache, Nausea, Increased sweating, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Fatigue
Available Medicine for Exemestane
XtaneNatco Pharma Ltd
ExetrazAlkem Laboratories Ltd
XmalonCelon Laboratories Ltd
ExmasinSun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd
ExegetGLS Pharma Ltd.
Expert advice for Exemestane
- Exemestane is used for the treatment of hormone dependent breast cancer in postmenopausal women.
- Take it at the same time everyday, preferably after food.
- It may cause dizziness and sleepiness. Do not drive or do anything requiring concentration until you know how it affects you.
- Your doctor may regularly check your Vitamin D level and bone mineral density and suggest supplements, if needed.
- Do not take Exemestane if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.