Information about Everolimus
How everolimus works
Everolimus suppresses the activity of body's immune system and prevents rejection of the transplanted organ.
Common side effects of everolimus
Weakness, Sinus inflammation, Infection, Fever, Cough, Fatigue, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Otitis media (infection of ear), Diarrhoea, Upper respiratory tract infection.
Available Medicine for Everolimus
- ₹18952 to ₹30137Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹12500 to ₹19067Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19777 to ₹29667Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹60146 to ₹85924Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹628 to ₹1258Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹571 to ₹1383Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹20000Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹920 to ₹2516Novartis India Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19400 to ₹29400Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Everolimus
- Do not start everolimus and consult your doctor if you have liver problems, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, had a recent surgery or have unhealed wound after surgery, have infection, previously had hepatitis, are pregnant or breast-feeding or have intolerance to some sugars.
- Seek medical advice if you have increased thirst or increased frequency of urination, if you get any infection, suffer from shortness of breath, cough or fever, need to receive any vaccination after taking everolimus.
- Everolimus may affect male or female fertility; consult your doctor if you are planning to have a child.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking everolimus as it may cause fatigue.
Frequently asked questions for Everolimus
Q. Is everolimus a chemotherapy drug?
Everolimus is a targeted therapy drug (mTOR inhibitor) and not a traditional chemotherapeutic agent
Q. Is everolimus cytotoxic or biologic?
Everolimus is not cytotoxic, it is a biological therapy for breast cancer
Q. How is everolimus administered?
Everolimus is administered 10 mg once daily orally as tablet with a glass of water
Q. How long does everolimus work?
Generally everolimus works for about 30 hours, however it may depend on the individual taking the medicine.