Information about Everolimus
How everolimus works
Everolimus suppresses the activity of body's immune system and prevents rejection of the transplanted organ.
Common side effects of everolimus
Weakness, Sinus inflammation, Infection, Fever, Cough, Fatigue, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Otitis media (infection of ear), Diarrhea, Upper respiratory tract infection
Available Medicine for Everolimus
- ₹5168 to ₹6835Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹5250 to ₹9000Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹15000 to ₹25000Natco Pharma Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹6438 to ₹9838Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹9644 to ₹14691Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹14285 to ₹30000Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹439 to ₹826Biocon2 variant(s)
- ₹579 to ₹1299Panacea Biotec Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19882 to ₹60147Novartis India Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹19800 to ₹29700Alkem Laboratories Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Everolimus
- Do not start everolimus and consult your doctor if you have liver problems, diabetes, high blood cholesterol, had a recent surgery or have unhealed wound after surgery, have infection, previously had hepatitis, are pregnant or breast-feeding or have intolerance to some sugars.
- Seek medical advice if you have increased thirst or increased frequency of urination, if you get any infection, suffer from shortness of breath, cough or fever, need to receive any vaccination after taking everolimus.
- Everolimus may affect male or female fertility; consult your doctor if you are planning to have a child.
- Do not drive or operate machinery while taking everolimus as it may cause fatigue.
Frequently asked questions for Everolimus
Q. Is Everolimus a chemotherapy drug?
Everolimus is a targeted therapy drug (mTOR inhibitor) and not a traditional chemotherapeutic agent
Q. Is Everolimus cytotoxic or biologic?
Everolimus is not cytotoxic, it is a biological therapy for breast cancer
Q. How is Everolimus administered?
Everolimus is administered 10 mg once daily orally as tablet with a glass of water
Q. How long does Everolimus work?
Generally Everolimus works for about 30 hours, however it may depend on the individual taking the medicine.