Information about Etoposide
How etoposide works
Etoposide works by damaging the genetic material (DNA) of the cancer cells and stops their growth and multiplication.
Common side effects of etoposide
Nausea, Vomiting, Weakness, Abdominal pain, Skin pigmentation, Decreased white blood cell count, Hair loss, Reduced blood platelets, Liver toxicity, Loss of appetite, Anemia, Decreased white blood cell count (neutrophils), Feeling of discomfort, Constipation.
Available Medicine for Etoposide
- ₹154 to ₹569Cadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹124Celon Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹195Biochem Pharmaceutical Industries1 variant(s)
- ₹187United Biotech Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹190Cipla Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹560Get Well Pharmaceutical Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹275Venus Remedies Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹191Fresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹172Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹124 to ₹376Khandelwal Laboratories Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Etoposide
- Avoid contact with people with cold or other infections as etoposide treatment may lower your immunity.
- Seek immediate medical attention if you notice any unusual bleeding, bruising, blood in stools, or dark, tarry stools.
- You will be regularly evaluated with lab tests, including complete blood cell counts to monitor your progress or to check for side effects.
- Do not drive or operate machinery during etoposide treatment as it may cause dizziness.
- Do not consume this drug if you are allergic to etoposide or any of its ingredients.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Etoposide
Q. Is etoposide a FDA approved vesicant/irritant?
Yes, etoposide is a FDA approved vesicant/irritant
Q. Is etoposide dialyzable?
No, etoposide is not dialyzable
Q. Does etoposide cause leukaemia?
Yes, etoposide may cause leukaemia. Please follow your doctor's advice regarding its use.