Information about Etoposide
How Etoposide works
Etoposide is an anti-cancer medication. It works by suppressing the activity of an enzyme (topoisomerase II) involved in DNA multiplication of the cancer cells. This slows the growth of cancer cells and eventually kills them.
Common side effects of Etoposide
Anemia (low number of red blood cells), Decreased blood cells (red cells, white cells, and platelets), Decreased white blood cell count, Diarrhea, Hair loss, Liver damage, Low blood platelets, Nausea, Rash, Stomatitis (Inflammation of the mouth), Vomiting
Available Medicine for Etoposide
PosidCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹130 to ₹5753 variant(s)
EtolonCelon Laboratories Ltd
BioposideBiochem Pharmaceutical Industries
₹190 to ₹3802 variant(s)
OncosidUnited Biotech Pvt Ltd
EtoplastNeon Laboratories Ltd
₹116 to ₹4702 variant(s)
TopokMax India Ltd
FytosidFresenius Kabi India Pvt Ltd
TopsideVenus Remedies Ltd
EtoglanGland Pharma Limited
Expert advice for Etoposide
- Etoposide is given as a slow infusion in the vein by a healthcare provider only.
- Do not skip any dose and complete the course as suggested by your doctor.
- Use an effective method of birth control to avoid pregnancy while taking this medication.
- Your doctor may get regular blood tests done to monitor your electrolyte levels, liver function, blood cell count in your blood.
- Let your doctor know if you notice a skin rash, shortness of breath, difficulty breathing and swelling of the tongue.