Information about Etidronate
Etidronate is used in the treatment of osteoporosis. It treats osteoporosis in postmenopausal women and men at high risk of fractures.
How etidronate works
Etidronate is a bisphosphonate. It acts by suppressing the activity of osteoclasts, cells that cause the destruction of bone, thereby strengthening the bones and minimizing the risk of fractures.
Common side effects of etidronate
Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Headache, Heartburn, Difficulty in swallowing
Available Medicine for Etidronate
- ₹237Samarth Life Sciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹105Dabur India Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Etidronate
- Take Etidronate in the morning on an empty stomach with water.
- Do not eat or drink for 30 minutes after taking Etidronate.
- Maintain an upright posture for 30 minutes after taking Etidronate.
- Inform your doctor if you experience pain in jaw, throat, chest, abdomen, hips or thighs.
- Inform your doctor if you are about to undergo any major dental procedures, as Etidronate may need to be discontinued temporarily.
Frequently asked questions for Etidronate
Q. What is Etidronate used for?
Etidronate is used to treat many conditions related to irregular bone growth
Q. Is tetrasodium Etidronate natural?
Etidronate is synthetic, derived from a chemical called phosphonic acid.