Information about Ethamsylate
Ethamsylate is used in the treatment of bleeding. It is used to prevent or reduce bleeding in conditions like abnormal blood loss during periods and dysfunctional uterine bleeding. It also prevents or reduces bleeding during, before or after delicate surgeries.
How ethamsylate works
Ethamsylate is a haemostatic medication. It works by increasing the ability of platelets to stick together and form blood clots. It also helps control bleeding from tiny blood vessels (capillaries).
Common side effects of ethamsylate
Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness), Skin rash, Headache, Nausea, Vomiting, Diarrhea
Available Medicine for Ethamsylate
- ₹52 to ₹299Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹42 to ₹245Mercury Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹233FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹225Indoco Remedies Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹219Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹111 to ₹202Kee Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹262Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹150Kontest Chemicals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹44 to ₹255SAF Fermion Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ethamsylate
- Ethamsylate helps reduce blood loss.
- The dose and frequency depends on the condition that is being treated.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Ethamsylate
Q. How does Ethamsylate work?
Ethamsylate belongs to a class of medications called hemostatic agent. It acts by stopping bleeding from small blood vessels by stabilizing the wall of these blood vessels and improving platelet (blood cells that help in clotting)function.