Ethamsylate is used in the treatment of bleeding
How it works
Ethamsylate is a chemical messenger which fastens the process of clot formation and stops bleeding.
Common side effects
Nausea, Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Diarrhoea, Fever, Headache, Rash, Vomiting
- ₹47 to ₹225Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹200Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹47 to ₹222FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹38Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹34 to ₹176Indoco Remedies Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹33 to ₹199Adcock Ingram Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹162Kee Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹95Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited3 variant(s)
- ₹37 to ₹218Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹130Kontest Chemicals Ltd4 variant(s)
- Do not take ethamsylate if you are allergic to ethamsylate or any other ingredients in the medicine, or you have allergy to sulfa drugs or wheat.
- Do not take ethamsylate if you develop fever with treatment; non-cancerous growths called fibroids in your womb; porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs, and causes abdominal pain).
- Avoid using ethamsylate if you are pregnant or breast feeding a baby.
- Do not use the product before onset of bleeding during periods.
Frequently asked questions
Q. How does ethamsylate work?
Ethamsylate belongs to a class of medications called hemostatic agent. It acts by stopping bleeding from small blood vessels by stabilizing the wall of these blood vessels and improving platelet (blood cells that help in clotting)function.