Information about Ethamsylate
Ethamsylate is used in the treatment of bleeding.
How ethamsylate works
Ethamsylate is a chemical messenger which fastens the process of clot formation and stops bleeding.
Common side effects of ethamsylate
Nausea, Hormone imbalance, Allergic reaction, Slow growth in children and teenagers, Diarrhoea, Fever, Headache, Rash, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Ethamsylate
- ₹52 to ₹247Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹220Mercury Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹50 to ₹233FDC Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹46Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹41 to ₹213Indoco Remedies Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹219Oaknet Healthcare Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹92 to ₹167Kee Pharma2 variant(s)
- ₹21 to ₹95Bennet Pharmaceuticals Limited4 variant(s)
- ₹40 to ₹262Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹19 to ₹150Kontest Chemicals Ltd4 variant(s)
Expert advice for Ethamsylate
- Do not take ethamsylate if you are allergic to ethamsylate or any other ingredients in the medicine, or you have allergy to sulfa drugs or wheat.
- Do not take ethamsylate if you develop fever with treatment; non-cancerous growths called fibroids in your womb; porphyria (a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs, and causes abdominal pain).
- Avoid using ethamsylate if you are pregnant or breast feeding a baby.
- Do not use the product before onset of bleeding during periods.
Frequently asked questions for Ethamsylate
Q. How does Ethamsylate work?
Ethamsylate belongs to a class of medications called hemostatic agent. It acts by stopping bleeding from small blood vessels by stabilizing the wall of these blood vessels and improving platelet (blood cells that help in clotting)function.