Information about Ethambutol
Ethambutol is used in the treatment of tuberculosis.
How Ethambutol works
Ethambutol is an antibiotic. It works by slowing the growth of bacteria that causes tuberculosis.
Common side effects of Ethambutol
Visual impairment, Color blindness
Available Medicine for Ethambutol
₹10 to ₹1085 variant(s)
MycobutolCadila Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹25 to ₹1224 variant(s)
EcoxMacleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd
₹18 to ₹623 variant(s)
ThemibutolThemis Medicare Ltd
₹10 to ₹735 variant(s)
ConcoxConcept Pharmaceuticals Ltd
₹9 to ₹394 variant(s)
₹53 to ₹752 variant(s)
SunibutolSunij Pharma Pvt Ltd
₹39 to ₹422 variant(s)
KebitolKentreck Laboratories Pvt Ltd
UlticoxConcept Pharmaceuticals Ltd
Expert advice for Ethambutol
- Ethambutol is effective at treating tuberculosis when taken together with other antibacterial drugs.
- It has to be taken for several months in order for it work properly (usually 6 months).
- Take it with food to avoid stomach upset.
- It can lower your blood sugar. If you have diabetes, monitor your blood sugar regularly.
- Your doctor may monitor your liver function, vision and thyroid function while on treatment with this medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol while taking this medication.
- Do not stop taking Ethambutol even if you start to feel better. Stopping early can result in treatment failure and in the development of drug-resistant tuberculosis. This can be life-threatening and lead to other serious health risks.