Erdosteine is used in the treatment of cough.
How it works
Erdosteine belongs to a class of drugs called mucolytic agents. It works by making the phlegm (mucus) in the respiratory tract or airways less thick and sticky thereby assisting in its easy expulsion resulting in reduction of the symptoms of bronchitis.
Common side effects
Flushing, Increased sweating, Nausea, Vertigo, Vomiting
- Do not take erdosteine for more than 10 days.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from mild liver failure and exercise caution while on erdosteine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not consume if having stomach ulcer (peptic ulcers).
- Do not take if allergic to erdosteine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe liver failure or severe poor kidney function.
Frequently asked questions
Q.What is zertin and ectrin?
Zentin and ectrin are the trade names of erdosteine.