Erdosteine is used in the treatment of cough
How it works
Erdosteine thins and loosens mucus, making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects
Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Increased sweating, Nausea, Vertigo, Vomiting
- ₹69 to ₹75Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹22Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- Do not take erdosteine for more than 10 days.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from mild liver failure and exercise caution while on erdosteine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not consume if having stomach ulcer (peptic ulcers).
- Do not take if allergic to erdosteine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe liver failure or severe poor kidney function.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is zertin and ectrin?
Zentin and ectrin are the trade names of erdosteine.