Information about Erdosteine
Erdosteine is used in the treatment of cough.
How erdosteine works
Erdosteine thins and loosens mucus, making it easier to cough out.
Common side effects of erdosteine
Flushing (sense of warmth in the face, ears, neck and trunk), Increased sweating, Nausea, Vertigo, Vomiting
Available Medicine for Erdosteine
- ₹69 to ₹75Glenmark Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
Expert advice for Erdosteine
- Do not take erdosteine for more than 10 days.
- Inform your doctor if you are suffering from mild liver failure and exercise caution while on erdosteine
- Tell your doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not consume if having stomach ulcer (peptic ulcers).
- Do not take if allergic to erdosteine or any of its ingredients.
- Do not take if suffering from severe liver failure or severe poor kidney function.
Frequently asked questions for Erdosteine
Q. What is zertin and ectrin?
Zentin and ectrin are the trade names of erdosteine.