Information about Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid
Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid Uses
Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid is used in the treatment of bleeding. It is used to prevent or reduce bleeding for short period of time in conditions like heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, nosebleed, tooth removal, after prostate surgery or after bladder surgery.
How Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid works
Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid prevents the breakdown of clots and stops bleeding.
Common side effects of Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid
Nasal congestion (stuffy nose), Tiredness, Musculoskeletal (bone, muscle or joint) pain, Injection site reactions (pain, swelling, redness)
Expert advice for Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid
- Epsilon Aminocaproic Acid helps prevent or reduce heavy bleeding post surgery and in conditions such as heavy periods, dysfunctional uterine bleeding, and nosebleeds.
- It is given as a slow injection into a vein.
- Your doctor will prescribe the lowest effective dose for the shortest possible time necessary to relieve your symptoms.
- Your doctor may monitor your vision regularly while you are taking this medicine.
- Inform your doctor if you have a history of kidney or liver disease.