Epoetin Alfa is used in the treatment of anemia, anemia due to chemotherapy and anemia due to chronic kidney disease.
How it works
Epoetin alfa is a growth factor that stimulates the bone marrow to produce more red blood cells
Common side effects
Rash, Injection site pain, Pain in extremity, Pulmonary thromboembolism, Arterial thromboembolism (blood clot in artery), Edema, Increased blood pressure, Hypersensitivity
- ₹441 to ₹2968Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd7 variant(s)
- ₹758 to ₹9000Emcure Pharmaceuticals Ltd6 variant(s)
- ₹853 to ₹10148Biocon7 variant(s)
- ₹432 to ₹6731Wockhardt Ltd9 variant(s)
- ₹366 to ₹1436Serum Institute Of India Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹783 to ₹3793Panacea Biotec Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹1020 to ₹5670LG Lifesciences5 variant(s)
- ₹437 to ₹2350Reliance Life Sciences3 variant(s)
- ₹562 to ₹2704Biocon4 variant(s)
- ₹298 to ₹2099RPG Life Sciences Ltd5 variant(s)
- Take advice from doctor if you suffer or have suffered from fits (epilepsy), high blood pressure, severe liver failure or anemia from other causes.
- Epoetin alfa should be used with caution in patients with a rare blood pigment disorder that affects skin and other organs (porphyria).
- Ask your doctor for advice if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breast-feeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q. What is epoetin alfa/ epoetin alfa injection used for?
Epoetin alfa is used for treatment of anemia (low hemoglobin or abnormally reduced number of red blood cells) related to severe kidney disease, cancer chemotherapy for certain tumors or due to zidovudine treatment for HIV (Human immunodeficiency virus) infection. Epoetin alfa is also used in moderately anemic patients scheduled to have major bone surgery (hip or knee replacement surgery) to reduce the need for blood transfusion
Q. How does epoetin alfa work?
Epoetin alfa works by stimulating red blood cell production.