Information about Eperisone
Eperisone is used for muscle relaxation.
How eperisone works
Eperisone works by acting on the centers in the brain and spinal cord to relieve the muscle stiffness or spasm.
Common side effects of eperisone
Vomiting, Nausea, Abdominal pain, Loss of appetite, Anemia, Constipation, Diarrhoea, Headache, Inability to empty the urinary bladder, Rash, Sleepiness.
Available Medicine for Eperisone
- ₹83 to ₹218Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹160Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹116Abbott India Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹89Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Vanprom Lifesciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹170Mezzone Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹185Vanprom Lifesciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹187Sentire Pharmaceutical India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eperisone
- Always take eperisone after meals.
- Consult your doctor if you have any liver disorder or are taking any other muscle relaxant medications such as methocarbamol or tolperizone hydrochloride.
- Do not drive or operate any machinery while taking eperisone as it may cause sleepiness, weakness and dizziness or light-headedness.
- Exercise caution if you are an elderly as dose reduction may be needed in certain cases.
- Eperisone is not recommended in children.
- Tell your doctor if you are or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
- Do not take if allergic to eperisone or any of its ingredients.
Frequently asked questions for Eperisone
Q. Is eperisone or eperisone hydrochloride a steroid?
No. Eperisone or eperisone hydrochloride is an antispasmodic medication and is used to relieve muscle stiffness and pain. It does not have a chemical structure or mechanism of action like steroids
Q. What is eperisone Myonal?
Myonal is the trade name for active medication eperisone. It is an antispasmodic medication and is used to relieve muscle stiffness and pain.