Information about Eperisone
Eperisone is used for muscle relaxation. It relieves painful spasms of the skeletal muscles.
How eperisone works
Eperisone is a muscle relaxant. It works on the centres in the brain and spinal cord to relieve muscle stiffness or spasm without reduction in strength. This improves pain and movement of muscles.
Common side effects of eperisone
Sleepiness, Dryness in mouth
Available Medicine for Eperisone
- ₹83 to ₹239Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹160Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹102 to ₹128Abbott2 variant(s)
- ₹89 to ₹147Eisai Pharmaceuticals India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹189Sparsh Remedies Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹100Forgo Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹70Vanprom Lifesciences Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹19Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹49Alkem Laboratories Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹187Sentire Pharmaceutical India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eperisone
- Eperisone can increase the effects of other CNS depressants (alcohol, barbiturates) medicine.
- Avoid consuming alcohol when taking the Eperisone, as it may cause excessive drowsiness and calmness.
- Inform your doctor if you have ever been diagnosed with kidney or liver problems.
- Inform your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to conceive or breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions for Eperisone
Q. Is eperisone or eperisone hydrochloride a steroid?
No. Eperisone or eperisone hydrochloride is an antispasmodic medication and is used to relieve muscle stiffness and pain. It does not have a chemical structure or mechanism of action like steroids
Q. What is Eperisone Myonal?
Myonal is the trade name for active medication Eperisone. It is an antispasmodic medication and is used to relieve muscle stiffness and pain.