Information about Epalrestat
Epalrestat is used in the treatment of diabetic nerve disease.
How epalrestat works
Epalrestat blocks the accumulation of sorbitol in cells, which has been related to causing diabetic nerve disease.
Common side effects of epalrestat
Nausea, Vomiting, Liver function abnormal
Available Medicine for Epalrestat
- ₹94 to ₹160Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹106Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹190Kineses Laboratories3 variant(s)
- ₹41Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹197Shilpex Pharmysis1 variant(s)
- ₹57East West Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Epalrestat
- Type 2 diabetes can be controlled with a proper diet alone or a diet along with exercise. A planned diet and exercising are always important when you have diabetes, even when you are taking antidiabetic medicines.