Information about Epalrestat
Epalrestat is used in the treatment of diabetic nerve disease.
How epalrestat works
Epalrestat is an anti-diabetic medication. It blocks the accumulation of sorbitol in cells, which has been related to causing diabetic nerve disease.
Common side effects of epalrestat
Nausea, Vomiting, Liver function abnormal
Available Medicine for Epalrestat
- ₹103 to ₹176Zydus Cadila2 variant(s)
- ₹96 to ₹106Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹64Micro Labs Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹65 to ₹190Kineses Laboratories3 variant(s)
- ₹41Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹197Shilpex Pharmysis1 variant(s)
- ₹57East West Pharma1 variant(s)
Expert advice for Epalrestat
- Adherence to antidiabetic therapy can delay the onset of or prevent diabetic nerve disease.
- If you have existing diabetic nerve disease, wear proper footwear and examine your feet every day to detect lesions early.
- If you have a foot injury or open wound, avoid engaging in weight-bearing activities.