How it works
Common side effects
AVAILABLE MEDICINENo medicine available
- Always wash your hands thoroughly before using this medicine. This is particularly important if you are pregnant.
- Econazole cream is for external use only. Avoid contact with the eyes.
- Do not scratch the affected area, as it can cause more irritation and spread the infection.
- Stop using econazole and tell your doctor immediately if you notice severe irritation or reddening of the skin, swelling of the face, lips, mouth, tongue or throat which may cause difficulty in swallowing or breathing, skin rash or hives, peeling or blistering of the skin.
- Use alternative contraceptive methods while on treatment with econazole for genitalia infections as it may damage the condoms, diaphragms and spermicidal contraceptives.
- Tell your doctor if you have severe liver or kidney problems or are using any other treatment for your genitalia (vagina or penis) or are using medicines to thin the blood (anticoagulants) such as warfarin or acenocoumarol.
- Talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or planning to become pregnant or are breastfeeding.
Frequently asked questions
Q.Is Econazole OTC/ steroid?
Econazole is available on prescription. It is an antifungal and not a steroid
Q.Does econazole nitrate cream treat ringworm/ athlete's foot/nail fungus/jock itch/ Candida?
Yes, it treats ringworm/ athlete's foot/ nail fungus/ jock itch/ Candida.