Information about Eberconazole
Eberconazole is used in the treatment of fungal skin infections.
How eberconazole works
Eberconazole is an antifungal medication. It kills and stops the growth of the fungi by destroying its cell membrane, thereby treating your skin infection.
Common side effects of eberconazole
Application site reactions (burning, irritation, itching and redness)
Available Medicine for Eberconazole
- ₹204 to ₹687Dr Reddy's Laboratories Ltd4 variant(s)
- ₹170 to ₹450Intas Pharmaceuticals Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹211 to ₹351Jenburkt Pharmaceuticals Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹181 to ₹298Macleods Pharmaceuticals Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹349Curatio Healthcare India Pvt Ltd1 variant(s)
- ₹325 to ₹525Sun Pharmaceutical Industries Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹165 to ₹460KLM Laboratories Pvt Ltd3 variant(s)
- ₹159 to ₹310Palsons Derma2 variant(s)
- ₹202 to ₹365Percos India Pvt Ltd2 variant(s)
- ₹170 to ₹450Canixa Life Sciences Pvt3 variant(s)
Expert advice for Eberconazole
- Eberconazole helps treat skin infections caused by many different types of fungi.
- Finish the full course of treatment even if you feel better.
- Few healthy tips for Athlete's Foot:
- Keep your feet clean and dry, particularly between the toes.
- Cut your nails short and prefer open-toe shoes for everyday use.
- Use a separate clean towel for the feet and wear clean cotton socks.
- Never share your socks, shoes, and towel with others.
- It can take a few weeks for the infection to clear and a few months before the skin returns to its normal color.
- It is not taken orally, so it does not cause many side effects.
- Apply an amount sufficient to cover the affected area and 1 inch of the immediate surrounding skin.
- Avoid getting it in the eyes, nose, or mouth. If accidental exposure occurs, rinse immediately with plenty of water.
- Inform your doctor if the infection has not cleared up after four weeks of treatment.
Frequently asked questions for Eberconazole
Q. My itching is gone, so can I stop using it?
You must complete the course of treatment even if the irritation is gone. Eberconazole is an antifungal medication and treats fungal infections of the skin. In fungal infection of the skin, the fungus stays in the layers of the skin. So, even though the medication may clear the symptoms in a few days, the infection can be present in deeper layers of the skin. You may need to keep applying this medicine for 4-6 weeks.
Q. Will just applying Eberconazole relieve my infection?
Eberconazole is prescribed when the fungal infection is superficial. It is not always true, but sometimes superficial fungal infections need oral antifungal therapy too. So the doctor decides whether the patient needs just Eberconazole or a combination of Eberconazole and oral medicine depending on the severity and site of the fungal infection.
Q. Are there any precautions that need to be kept in mind?
Fungal infections occur due to improper hygiene, weak immunity or even stress. They may occur as a side effect of other medications as well. Maintaining proper hygiene can prevent fungal infections. Bathe every day, trim your nails regularly, do not use anyone else’s towel, dry the infected area properly, and use clean undergarments that are made of cotton. Avoid wearing tight clothing. Complete the course of the treatment given by doctor, avoid creams that contain steroids.
Q. What for Eberconazole is used for?
Eberconazole is an antifungal medicine applied on the skin to treat superficial fungal infections. It can be used in fungal infections caused by dermatophytes (fungus causing ringworm like infections) and yeast. Eberconazole acts by preventing the growth of the fungus by stopping formation of essential component of fungal membrane responsible for structural and functional changes leading to abnormal cell wall synthesis, hence halting the growth of the fungal infection.